Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

Any logical reason for this?

Old
Any logical reason for this? - Mon Jan 27, 2014, 11:48 AM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2012

Any time I play anywhere other than Pokerstars, I am usually playing without a HUD, because I can't be bothered figuring out how to set it up for sites where I have very little volume.

I still have the HH imported to HEM, so I can track results etc. but one thing I have noticed, when I am playing without a HUD I am usually playing a lot more hands.

My theory on why this is, is that I give too much credence to HUD stats when they are available, I'm struggling to think of many other reasons. I guess players play differently on different sites to an extent but I wouldn't have thought it would make that much of a difference.

The sample sizes are tiny in the picture above but it is still fairly representative. When I play at Full-Tilt without a HUD I tend to play 30/26 type stats.

Anyone else notice this about there own play?

Old
Mon Jan 27, 2014, 12:13 PM
(#2)
Since: Oct 2011
I always have my HUD running, but my VPIP goes up against softer competition because there are more opportunities to isolate limpers or to overlimp in multiway pots.
On Stars, you're more likely to be facing a raise when the action reaches you pre-flop, so you'll be folding more often.

Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com