Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

5NLz 6max - Range sb calling my btn raise?

Old
5NLz 6max - Range sb calling my btn raise? - Tue Jan 28, 2014, 12:46 AM
(#1)
Since: May 2011
Nearly made a video HA question but went back to my note.

Q) Can the villain's hand be ranged considering the action.

Note:
Range sb calling my btn raise?.. They x/c flop, turn checks, lead river A9dd? -

A) no

I wasn't even close. Is this another betting a busted draw? OK put my hands up, loose call.

Maybe 9 out kicked on a double paired board but anything 77 or Jx draw is value x/r flop or leading turn?

PS. Ooops forgot a nit with 99.

Last edited by ForrestFive; Tue Jan 28, 2014 at 12:52 AM.. Reason: boom hand

Old
Tue Jan 28, 2014, 05:28 AM
(#2)
Since: Oct 2010
Hey Forrest

Why are we 3betting Q9s vs V6? Any specific reads?

V2 seems recreational to me when I see they are not topping-up. But after they call our 3bet OOP, I smell trouble. I think his hand is too good to fold yet too weak to 4bet. Given that assumption I would range him on: {AQ, AJs, ATs, KQs, JJ, TT, 99, 88, 77} I'm inclined to check back this flop because we can't stand a x/r here and we don't have a big hand to protect anyways and we can go for a delayed cbet. We need to be good atleast 27% of the time to make the call OTR. If they're betting river with 1 combo of AdQd and all combos of KQs, AJs, JJ, TT, 99, 77 then calling is very slim but if we remove TT forexample since its a hand they'd probably check with SD value then calling is correct because of the board runout which makes it less likely they would have a Jx, 99, or 77.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com