Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

NL2$ 6-max Another should I call question :)

Old
NL2$ 6-max Another should I call question :) - Tue Jan 28, 2014, 05:15 PM
(#1)
Since: Dec 2013

villain 3 stats 36/22 AF 2/2/1/5 (127)

Should I call this river bet ?

Old
Tue Jan 28, 2014, 09:17 PM
(#2)
Since: Sep 2010
This should be a fold preflop. A9o plays very badly against a typical UTG opening range and you've no idea what the other four players are going to do.

The turn exemplifies why you don't want to play such a marginal hand in a MW pot. You've hit the jackpot and I don't really know what the best play is. I guess that raising is best but you've got to remember that you're not that close to the nuts, slowplayed sets that have turned into boats might start to rear their ugly heads.

The river brings a flush which is slightly concerning. Again though when villains go crazy on the river, they basically always have an absolute monster. If he had something like K9 or Q9, I think he'd just play it passively and check/call like he just called the turn raise. He might have spiked a flush but given the preflop action, I'd probably expect him to show up with JJ or 66 more often.

Either way I think it's a sigh fold.

Old
Wed Jan 29, 2014, 08:48 PM
(#3)
Since: Dec 2013
HI Andrew,

Thank you for your feedback.
I agree the cards should have been folded preflop.
Normally I will not play a hand like that in this position. Why I did it now... most likely was somewhat tilting.
It seems that I have some work on these kind of decisions as I call off too often
Anyhow, it makes sense that I should have folded
I didn't and lost to his spiked flush ...

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com