Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Live Game Sweats and Online Tournaments / Skill League /

Open Skill league - players who join the tourney then sit out

Old
Open Skill league - players who join the tourney then sit out - Tue Jan 28, 2014, 06:02 PM
(#1)
Since: Dec 2013
Hey guys, my first post. Enjoying the site and getting better. One annoying thing though is the number of players who sign up for the open league tourneys and then sit out the whole game. Given you can only register 15 minutes before, this would appear to be a deliberate ploy on their part. Just finished another game tonight where on my table were two players who had sat out from the start and would probably finish in the top 2000, earning themselves points for no risk. Thoughts?

Old
Tue Jan 28, 2014, 06:42 PM
(#2)
Since: Aug 2010
(Moderator)
Hello Balsa_Boy66

Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Here is a link to help familiarize you with all the features and services available at PSO. Feel free to look around the forum and post any comments or questions you may have.

You are invited to join the PokerSchoolOnline Community Home Games Club. Information on how to join the club may be found HERE. Hope to see you there!

There are a lot of posts about the skill league that you might find interesting and helpfull, i will search some out some for you and post back here

Old
Wed Jan 29, 2014, 08:43 PM
(#3)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
I agree that its frustrating. Just finished one where 6 of the table were sat out for about 2 levels. However, it is a strategy that some players employ and is no different from folding every hand. I try to utilise the sit outers to gain free chips, simply wait until 2 are in the blinds and then stick in a raise. BEWARE that others will have the same idea so make sure that your hand is ahead of the usual donkeys range.

Old
Thumbs down
Wed Feb 05, 2014, 06:05 PM
(#4)
Since: Jan 2014
These players take up valuable seats that real poker players want.

I have missed many a tourney because of the 10000 seat limit.

BAN these players from the League, they are unwanted & a WASTE OF SPACE.

If you are NOT playing, simple, dont register & leave the seats for players who are trying to learn.

EDIT:

The last tourney I did get to play had 4 players & 5 sitting out.
Where is the justice. I think I might stick with FULL TILT & the other numerous sites that care about their players.

Last edited by DropmePOCKET; Wed Feb 05, 2014 at 06:11 PM..

Old
Wed Feb 05, 2014, 07:51 PM
(#5)
Since: Jul 2010
If you are trying to learn, the first thing you need to learn is that sitters are free money. Steal their blinds at every opportunity, and use their chips to your advantage.

Old
Thu Feb 06, 2014, 04:01 AM
(#6)
Since: Feb 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balsa_Boy66 View Post
Hey guys, my first post. Enjoying the site and getting better. One annoying thing though is the number of players who sign up for the open league tourneys and then sit out the whole game. Given you can only register 15 minutes before, this would appear to be a deliberate ploy on their part. Just finished another game tonight where on my table were two players who had sat out from the start and would probably finish in the top 2000, earning themselves points for no risk. Thoughts?
Guilty.

I have done this twice so far this month - and will do so again in the next tournament.

For example yesterday I picked up another 9.34 points for a game I could not stay in to play.

SCORE HISTORY FOR EDINFREEMAN
Date Participants Position Start Scored End
2014-02-05 09:00(ET) 10000 1686 1719.76 9.34 1729.10

0 VPIP - 0 Flops seen - 0 Hands won - but 9 extra points

As long as I can get extra points for this tactic I will do so - I will take any edge I can get. Later in the month, when my score is higher, I might be losing points for coming 1,686th so this would no longer be to my advantage.

In the games I can actively play I love having a sitter or two at the table - especially if they are next to me.

Exploit your opponents as best you can, whether they are actively playing or sat out.

Ed

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Feb 06, 2014, 04:42 AM
(#7)
Since: Jan 2014
BronzeStar
There are annoying enough, but good to still for free some chips. What **** me off is those donkeys who take you all in at the first big raise ... or those who are calling your raise 3BB+1BB per limper with small suited connectors or 92, 72, 63, 53 and they hit their straw when you have trips ...

Last edited by royalraise85; Thu Feb 06, 2014 at 07:19 AM..

Old
Thu Feb 06, 2014, 07:03 AM
(#8)
Since: Aug 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by DropmePOCKET View Post
The last tourney I did get to play had 4 players & 5 sitting out.
Where is the justice. I think I might stick with FULL TILT & the other numerous sites that care about their players.
You should say this aloud and listen while you say it to see if it sounds intelligent.

Old
Thu Feb 06, 2014, 05:20 PM
(#9)
Since: Jan 2013
BronzeStar
Why is it capped at 10 000 players?

Old
Fri Feb 07, 2014, 11:51 AM
(#10)
Since: Sep 2010
not sure why its capped either, would be interesting if they 'upped' the seats though In regards to the 'sitters' i havent 'noted' them by sitting out by thinking it wouldnt be such a bad idea for the deeper portion of the trny...? Or do use think this would be an irrelavant read?

Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com