Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

river bet

Old
river bet - Wed Jan 29, 2014, 08:36 AM
(#1)
Since: Oct 2013

Villain is unknown... I just want some opinions on my river bet...
here is how I was thinking on flop I have flush draw and I bet he raise me ... I don't want to give up cause it's a min raise... if he betted more I would...
on turn I hit my ace high flush... and bet half pot again... he calls and now I know he have a strong hand (set, straight or a lower flush) when river came and I see board doesn't pair and that I have best hand I bet pot size in order him to think I don't want him to call... good thing he did with his set...

does this make any sense?

Old
Wed Jan 29, 2014, 08:39 AM
(#2)
now when I think of it... I'm little surprised he did called my river bet with all that straight and flush possibility...
guess it's hard to fold top set

Old
Wed Jan 29, 2014, 01:56 PM
(#3)
Since: Apr 2012
*Moved to analysis forum* - Fadyen

Tournament of Champions Winner 2013

Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Jan 29, 2014, 02:09 PM
(#4)
thanks man... realized I put it in wrong section...

Old
Wed Jan 29, 2014, 02:47 PM
(#5)
Since: Feb 2011
I like how you played it, i think at 2NL vs a random player you should value bet big every time you get the chance.

Old
Thu Jan 30, 2014, 01:12 AM
(#6)
Since: Jun 2011
(Live Trainer)
Nice hand, well played.

We have so much equity on the flop even against better since we hold the nutdraw that we can't fold and should actually even think about getting more money in OTF sometimes. However, coming over the top on a coordinated board at stakes where people do not like to fold hands and given that you have position I prefer calling too.

Live Trainer

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com