Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

2NL Zoom 6max river bluff catching

Old
2NL Zoom 6max river bluff catching - Wed Jan 29, 2014, 10:08 AM
(#1)
Since: Apr 2012

We don't bluff catch at 2NL, but what about this spot? Almost all the draws miss, i have to put him only on J10 or 99. It's to thin for 2NL?

I timed out on the flop and didn't c-bet. It's a good spot to pot control or is it better to charge draws?

Old
Wed Jan 29, 2014, 11:14 AM
(#2)
Since: Mar 2012
SilverStar
if villain was bluffing he would very likely make some sort of bet on the turn. The line he took check calling the turn and leading out the river would be a very rare line for a bluffing hand to take. In my opinion the only hands he can have here are jack ten and queen 9

Old
Wed Jan 29, 2014, 03:01 PM
(#3)
Since: Feb 2011
Its something that happens all the time at these stakes i think. The river overbet almost every time means value, it is better to fold in these spots, because you need to put 52c to win 80c so this need to be a bluff roughly 2 out of 3 times to make it profitable to call, and believe at least 80% of the time its a value bet.

Old
Thu Jan 30, 2014, 01:16 AM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2011
(Live Trainer)
I like your flopcheck in general, it would be a well-suited play for higher stakes but at the micros I actually prefer betting as you can get so many calls from tons of hands you wouldn't get calls from at higher levels. Also people play much more straightforward here allowing you to bet/fold your hand more easily against heat.

As played I think there is a strong argument for folding river against an overbet like that as he is representing JT/99 (don't discount hands like that at the micros haha) and I haven't experienced players overbet bluffing at the micros very much OTR. He could have some busted FDs, but when they pot or overbet pot I feel they have it much more often than not.

Live Trainer

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com