Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

10NL 6-max Zoom AKo

Old
10NL 6-max Zoom AKo - Wed Jan 29, 2014, 10:12 AM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2012
Hi, villain are unknown.

How to play this post flop ? I mean, I'm not super happy about c-betting this flop but I guess it better than checking.
After he calls, should we give up on the turn ?

In which spots should be barrel AK on 3B pots w/ A high ?
General questions, but I think the answer is not often and usually on dry boards against villains that can fold.

Cheers!

Old
Wed Jan 29, 2014, 02:02 PM
(#2)
Hi fp!

What range would you put the unknown villain on? He raised utg and called your 3b. Imo, his range will be pretty strong including a lot of pairs, AK, AQ and perhaps a few other hands like KQs. In other words, the Q on the flop is more likely to have helped the villain. You missed and are out of position. If you c-bet here you are basically turning your hand into a semi-bluff since you dont have too many outs to improve. You would most likely be folding to a raise on the flop. So, rather than bet-folding, I prefer to check the flop. Your hand does have potential still. By checking the villain may check behind, and you can consider calling a half pot bet then reevaluating on the turn.

Roland GTX

Old
Wed Jan 29, 2014, 02:04 PM
(#3)
When to cbet with AK will depend on the villain, positions, stacks and board texture.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com