Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

10NL 6-max Zoom KQo xr

Old
10NL 6-max Zoom KQo xr - Wed Jan 29, 2014, 10:27 AM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2012
Hi, villain is unknown.
I don't know why but at teh time of the hand I classified him as a TAG/NIT. But I don't know where I got this from since I only have 2 hands on him lol.

Since I thought he was a TAG I just folded here. Against an unknown I guess we should call the flop raise even though was big. But I don't really know what he's representing here to tell the truth.

Cheers!

Old
Wed Jan 29, 2014, 10:46 AM
(#2)
Since: Apr 2012
When tagging people in Zoom if the table is about to change you can miss click and tag another guy. This happens to me from time to time. But you have decide either the guy is a TAG or a NIT. What is this TAG/NIT tagging?

In the hand, i call the raise and re-evaluate the turn. The hand is too strong i think to fold to just one raise.

Old
Wed Jan 29, 2014, 03:14 PM
(#3)
Since: Feb 2011
Hi! I preflop its okay for me, on the flop i think you should be betting smaller, because its dry and there arent many worse hands that can call that big of a bet. Once this player raises up to this big bet i would give up, maybe id reconsider if im holding AK.

Old
Wed Jan 29, 2014, 07:31 PM
(#4)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
In the cut-off to blinds, I've had people check raise me on a dry board like this one with with all sorts of stuff from complete air, to lesser pairs, to the same pair with better/lesser kicker, to sets.

Although I try not to play deep-stacked, so more often than not KQ's usually ahead of most of the check-raisers' ranges?

Like since you guys are so deep-stacked, would someone who's got a set also play this way to try to get the money in the middle, since your bet was kind of big? Not sure since I don't play deep stacked too often

Nice 145bb stack there fp_boss!!

Last edited by TrustySam; Wed Jan 29, 2014 at 07:38 PM..

Old
Thu Jan 30, 2014, 01:26 AM
(#5)
Since: Sep 2012
Folding here so far up in our range is pretty bad.

Old
Thu Jan 30, 2014, 02:48 AM
(#6)
Since: Oct 2011
People in this thread have all made some valid and good points. I really wouldn't be concerned about my range play in this spot though...especially in zoom and at these levels, it's not like you're going to be exploited because the situation where you Cbet a K-high, dry board against the same villain and fold to a check-raise isn't really going to come up that much

Anyways, as played it's a tough decision. My instince was just to fold flop and I think that's fine just because we're a bit deep and not only do players not really bluff check-raise on K high flops in general, they usually do it even less when deep I think. However, I also think that there certainly could be worse kings in the villain's value range so calling flop and re-evaluating turn seems alright too. The problem is that even if they do c/r a worse king here, are we prepared to call another barrel and possibly river bet as well? Again, I think it's fine call + re-eval but usually in these spots I just say w/e, note the villain and take the lower variance fold...

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com