Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

10Nl 6-max Zoom 67s - xflixx

Old
10Nl 6-max Zoom 67s - xflixx - Wed Jan 29, 2014, 10:35 AM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2012
Hi, UTG is playing 16/13/18 over just 38 hands. The SB is a passive fish, so I thought he might join the ride.And the BT is a NIT

What are your thoughts on this hand PF ?
We could fold But since the BT is a NIT we're pretty much on the BT ourselves. and the SB could join the pot as well so I guess that 3B here is not optimal.

I'd like to hear Felix's opinion on this since he's doing the 'Grinding it up challange' (which is pretty awesome). And he said that he likes to play these type of hands against the micro players. Also I noticed his VPIP was quite high, which is due to calling this kind of hands. I might be wrong though.

Cheers!

Old
Wed Jan 29, 2014, 11:43 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2011
(Live Trainer)
Hey fpboss,

flatting preflop against a player who will be very predictable postflop and trying to drag in a potential weaker player for a multiway pot with position and a suited connector seems reasonable. I would only do it if you are pretty sure on your gameplan postflop, i.e. folding when you only make weak pair type hands on boards like this or only continuing when you see the proper implied odds.

At higher stakes you may get squeezed more preflop so that flatting becomes less attractive (that's why I like to do it at the micros).

Live Trainer

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com