Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

10NL 6-max Zoom KQs

Old
10NL 6-max Zoom KQs - Wed Jan 29, 2014, 10:45 AM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2012
Hi, MP is playing 21/15/7 over just 111 hands, and he doesn't like to fold to 3Bets. So I decided to 3B here since he could call with a lot of dominated hands.
BB is playing 27/9/0

Do you like the way a played the hand post flop ?

Cheers!

Old
Thu Jan 30, 2014, 11:49 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi fp,

I don't really like it tbh... your sizing is huge, while you don't have actual fold to 3b stats I can't imagine stats that would lead me to believe he's calling this sizing with a wide array of dominated hands. F3B would have to be really small and over a much larger sample for me to think it. the sample you're dealing with here is just way too small for F3B... 111 hands, 15%PFR is 16 hands (not accounting for the fact that a few PFR's were 3-bets of others opens and not 2-bets that could face a 3-bet). If the average 3b frequency he's facing is 7%, then he'd have been 3-bet once thus far on this sample. And 0/1 doesn't mean he won't fold to 3-bets. Now, if you observed that one hand sample and he showed down J8o or some such garbage, that would work for me as a read he may not like to fold to 3-bets. And remember, if he doesn't fold to 3b's often he's certainly not folding all the hands dominating and ahead of us.. AT+ etc. So we need a number of worse dominated hands in the mix to compensate. Over all I don't think we can expect that here, especially for this sizing.

On the turn just call. His range is generally going to be strong here donking into a multi-way pot, and he's not folding. Your turn shove doesn't rep much beyond TT or a slowplayed JJ, although you might not slow play JJ 3 ways here. Overpairs would probably raise/commit the flop, or simply call twice, not call/raise turn. And JJ/TT/55/33 can all be in his range here, as well as JTs, meaning we are often stacking off on a draw with 1 card to come and little to no FE.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com