Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

ak vs 2 late risers

Old
ak vs 2 late risers - Wed Jan 29, 2014, 03:47 PM
(#1)
Since: Oct 2013
no info on both villians, its a correct call?

Old
Wed Jan 29, 2014, 04:02 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2012
I'm not doing anything different there.

It looked like a weak play, unless you have reads that he only does this with premium hands, then I am calling that shove and being pretty content with it.

For some reason villains at 2NL think they are getting bullied or that that move holds a lot of fold equity. If we are making a light squeeze then sometimes it does but in general they are getting called by better because they take that line with worse.

Old
Thu Jan 30, 2014, 01:18 AM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2011
(Live Trainer)
Yep, always calling this off.

He will be jamming tons of small pairs plus a reasonable amount of brainfart hands that your overall equity vs his range should be good enough to call with the deadmoney invested. At these stakes people sometimes stick it in with a lot worse than AK so I'm always fine calling a bet like that even for a stack.

Live Trainer

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com