Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

88 agains weakness on the flop

Old
88 agains weakness on the flop - Wed Jan 29, 2014, 04:12 PM
(#1)
Since: Oct 2013
what do you guys think about this call? i think its horrible but todasy i think i can only play nuts at ring games, the villian is a unknown.

Old
Wed Jan 29, 2014, 04:18 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2012
I dont think he is ever bluffing there.

Bet/Fold is the right line on the Turn for me. I liked betting turn after the flop check as it is less likely that he has an A, we would get a 9 or a 5 to fold often on the turn by betting, but once he shoves, he has it here.

Old
Thu Jan 30, 2014, 02:56 AM
(#3)
Since: Oct 2011
Just be done with the hand unless you hit an 8 in my opinion. It's great when villains do these small min-raises out of position pre-flop because they announce their hand as being super strong and give you great implied odds to stack them. However, alarm bells should be going off like crazy when the A hits the flop and the villain checks. If the villain has what they're representing pre-flop (ie. AA, AK) then they've got us crushed and if they don't (ie. were just clicking buttons and have 86o) they'd probably bluff this flop everytime.

I still don't even bet this turn when checked to me because another possibility is that they have a hand like JJ-KK and now there's almost no chance that they'll fold it. I don't see any hands that we can really get value from by betting and there also aren't really too many hands that we're worried about giving free cards to I think...

Old
Thu Jan 30, 2014, 02:54 PM
(#4)
Since: Oct 2013
i agree with the opinions here, but its very common to see people doing mini tribet and shoving wildly on boards just because of stone cold tilt, and hte table had a 1 dl in average pot and 35% players flop, if were at a "normal" table i wouldnt did it, but i still think i did a mistake and even if he bluffs here the odds are very bad, because sometimes were crushed in this spot, i agree also the bet in turn is bad. thanks for you feedback.

Old
Fri Jan 31, 2014, 10:34 AM
(#5)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarface763 View Post
i agree with the opinions here, but its very common to see people doing mini tribet and shoving wildly on boards just because of stone cold tilt, and hte table had a 1 dl in average pot and 35% players flop,
It's still bad imo because:

1) He's unknown, no reason to think he's on tilt
2) He had a chance to tilt shove the flop and didn't take it, then again to tilt shove the turn, before he check/raised... tilters who are monkey-shoving lack patience in doing so.
3) To call off we need to win the pot a whopping 44%+ of the time to show a profit. Not only is this extremely unlikely to be a bluff this often (imho), but we actually need it to be a bluff more frequently than this because there is still one card to come, and some of the bluffs will have equity (outs to river us).

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com