Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

2nl Zoom - KQs

Old
2nl Zoom - KQs - Wed Jan 29, 2014, 06:05 PM
(#1)
Since: Apr 2013
Hi guys,

could you please analyse my hand below. In particular, the turn raise by the villain

Stats on the villain are the following:

45/5/1.5 (VPIP/PFR/AF) 20 hands so pretty much an unknown.

My analysis

Preflop: Villain limps and so with KQs are raise isolating in position and showing strength.

Flop: Criminal not to bet this flop TPTK.

Turn: I bet again with 2 pair, again it would be criminal no to bet. Now villain raises me. I called seeing what will happen on the river, but I also thought that he may have a weaker two pair, but probably sets and the straight may dominate. And at the time I thought I may have the odds to boat up if I am behind. I realised after I may not have the outs to call the raise as I need to hit one of my four cards, a Q or a K giving me 4 outs at best. However I think there may be implied odds.

So my question is do you guys think I have implied odds to see the river and hoping to boat up?

Although thinking about it now, if I believe he could have one of the Ks or Qs then I don't have the outs that I think I do. I don't think I should have called the raise and I believe that I may have got lucky.

Cheers,

Pullin

Cheers,

Pullin

Last edited by pullin1988; Wed Jan 29, 2014 at 06:08 PM..

Old
Thu Jan 30, 2014, 01:26 AM
(#2)
Since: Sep 2012
Standard.

Old
Thu Jan 30, 2014, 02:40 AM
(#3)
Since: Oct 2011
I agree, seems standard. Not sure what the math is tbh on if the call is correct assuming the villain flips over their hand and shows us AT...it is probably a fold if this is the case. I'd think they they could be doing this with a worse 2 pair, a 1 pair + straight draw type hand or possibly just be clicking buttons with random junk. Coming from a 45/5 villain, that indicates that they're very passive so I'd be more inclined to think that they do have some sort of value hand but it's hard to say without a decent sample...

Old
Thu Jan 30, 2014, 02:47 AM
(#4)
Since: Apr 2013
Cheers Birdayy and Tyler

Good decisions,

Pullin

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com