5nl flopped trips and a bad river - Thu Jan 30, 2014, 05:31 AM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2012

19/15 3b 9.1
raise flop 24
AFs(f/t/r) 4.4 / 2.5 / 1.25
wtsd 32
1k+ hands
OTF didn't reraise him to let his bluffs fire again OTT, if has an over pair he's at least shutting down to a reraise and I don't want that.
OTT he fires again pretty small (why?) Hoping that he hit his A that he bluffed the flop with I raise.
OTR an A in his range makes much sense

What could have been done better? maybe reraise the flop? Do you see anything else in his range?

(oops thats 2nl)

Last edited by Praydk; Thu Jan 30, 2014 at 05:36 AM..

Old
Fri Jan 31, 2014, 06:17 AM
(#2)
Since: Sep 2010
I think you played his hand well, I can't really pick on any spot I can criticise.

Villain has a 3Bet of 9.1 so you can expect him to 3Bet JJ-AA from the button as well as stuff like AQ+ and other holdings. Therefore when he raises the flop, I'd expect him to have a random A-high bluff and maybe some 9x or Tx. I'd never expect him to show up with an overpair. Therefore I like your idea of keeping in his bluffs as there aren't really any scary turns.

Your turn play is fine and this line leads me to believe that he has Ax as he would have folded his air by to your raise.

The river sucks and I think it's a good check/fold. You might sometimes be a chop with Tx but this isn't a big deal.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com