Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

5NL Missed Value?

Old
5NL Missed Value? - Fri Jan 31, 2014, 04:34 AM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2011
I'm fairly sure I missed an awful lot of value on this hand. However, the river, being a street less visited, is something I tend to get uncertain / confused on. Over 71 hands he's 37/20, so seems quite stationy, but the only draws I can see that come in are J8 and QJ, which if suited are cards I can see him having here. However, he may call with two pairs, some Kx hand, etc.

I guess my concern is I get raised, but now my thinking is that if that happens, he probably has me, so I can fold. Still, I hate folding sets!

Old
Fri Jan 31, 2014, 11:00 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi Jamei,

I think we should be sizing bigger on the flop and turn for value, since the top 2 cards coordinate well... there's a lot of worse hands that will give us action here. I think betting the river is clear, but folding to a raise is not... QJ is really the only hand to be concerned with, but he can make other hands here that might overvalue themselves as well... KdQd, KdJd, maybe AdKd, Kd7d, KT, K9, K7s. Against a really loose player and poor decision maker I'm more inclined to bet/call here than bet/fold, personally.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com