Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

Two Killer Hands Evaluatoin requested

Old
Cool
Two Killer Hands Evaluatoin requested - Fri Jan 31, 2014, 08:44 AM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2014
Hello everybody,

I am new to the forum, so hello. (I apologize if this is in the wrong section. )
An evaluation would be great, what could/should I have done better?

Cheers.

Old
Fri Jan 31, 2014, 11:41 AM
(#2)
Since: Aug 2010
(Moderator)
xx Moved xxx

Hello,

Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Here is a link to help familiarize you with all the features and services available at PSO. Feel free to look around the forum and post any comments or questions you may have.

You are invited to join the PokerSchoolOnline Community Home Games Club. Information on how to join the club may be found HERE. Hope to see you there!

Last edited by wiltshireman; Fri Jan 31, 2014 at 11:42 AM.. Reason: additional info

Old
Fri Jan 31, 2014, 01:34 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Marking to request evaluation

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Jan 31, 2014, 01:35 PM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi J,

For future hands please limit to 1 per thread, it's easier for discussion.

Hand 1: fold on the flop. Changes are small our hand is good 6 ways, and we have very few cards to improve... only an 8 or 7 and our outs are tainted somewhat as the 7 makes JT the nuts, while both cards don't help vs. 98, 99, or 33.

Hand 2: Raise flop... it's an action board with KQ out there, slow playing this spot will tend to cost us $ in the long run.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Feb 01, 2014, 03:42 AM
(#5)
Since: Jan 2014
Thanks a million for your help guys! I'll take your advice and will get the hang of this pretty quickly.

@TheLangolier: So with the first hand (quad 8s) it was primarily reckless luck that won. I see what you are saying.
In the second hand (FH) how aggressively should one raise, how do you find the balance between building a pot and defending your current hand. Or is there something else that I'm missing.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com