Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Live Game Sweats and Online Tournaments / Skill League /

Not Quite Right

Old
Lightbulb
Not Quite Right - Fri Jan 31, 2014, 06:55 PM
(#1)
Since: Dec 2012
You would have to assume that something was not quite right when the current leader on the PokerSchool Open Skill League leaderboard has played every single tournament from the 12th of January 21:00 ET to the 29th January 2014

Old
Fri Jan 31, 2014, 07:27 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
very true,

I assume they are an insomniac

I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Feb 01, 2014, 10:56 AM
(#3)
Or perhaps just another consortium of players breaking the rules.

You can always send an email to support@pokerstars.com detailing your concerns.

Old
Sat Feb 01, 2014, 11:11 AM
(#4)
Since: Jul 2010
just my 2 cents on this....hiccup

if l had no job...no money....the future looked not very good in the financial way....hiccup

l would set my alarm clock to wake me up for every game, so l do see how some do this.....it may be the only job they can get.

That being said.......l do not like the open.....it only teaches you not to play poker....just to sit and wait for the big hands....just terrible poker imo.

Like so many have said before.....put every one on an even playing field.....something like 50 tickets or so.

But for some reason....hiccup.....this is not possible

cheers all

Old
Thumbs up
Sat Feb 01, 2014, 03:56 PM
(#5)
Annie_22at90 I had the same thoughts. To play so many games with high end finish would be, you would think,would be hard to do because you wouldn't get the chance to rest. I've played for 8 years and have never heard of anybody ever playing for such a prolonged period. This can of worms smells very fishy.

Old
Thumbs up
Sat Feb 01, 2014, 05:23 PM
(#6)
effsea I think that is a fantastic idea to offer 50 tickets a month to make it a more even playing field. I was even thinking maybe reduce the games down to 1 tournament every 8 hours rather than 4 hours would even up the competition.

Old
Sat Feb 01, 2014, 06:23 PM
(#7)
Since: May 2012
I played five out of six games every day because I was busy with other stuff as well. And I know others who were playing 6/6 for a week then slept for two tournaments and then did the same again, it's actually legit. It just doesn't seem like it, but if you tried and every tournament that you played you were speaking with the same people you'd know it's possible. I did however not finish in the top, but I know a lot of the guys in the top.

Old
Sun Feb 02, 2014, 07:07 AM
(#8)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TarekGG View Post
I played five out of six games every day because I was busy with other stuff as well. And I know others who were playing 6/6 for a week then slept for two tournaments and then did the same again, it's actually legit. It just doesn't seem like it, but if you tried and every tournament that you played you were speaking with the same people you'd know it's possible. I did however not finish in the top, but I know a lot of the guys in the top.
Actually, you played on 25 days.

Of those 25 days, you only played 5 of 6 possible games six times (10th, 11th, 12th, 14th, 19th, 24th).

Old
Sun Feb 02, 2014, 07:47 AM
(#9)
Since: Feb 2011
Does playing more games equate to gaining more points

Any time I've qualified for the Premier League has been by the Premier League Qualifiers but I found less is more. When I hit a good total after my 5 required games then I stopped playing and just kept an eye on the Leaderboard.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Feb 02, 2014, 03:57 PM
(#10)
Ovalman That's fine if you have 5 good tournaments and you just want to qualify. But, what if you wanted a high ladder finish so you can get some money? You would obviously have to play more games to achieve the desired results.

Old
Sun Feb 02, 2014, 05:17 PM
(#11)
Since: Apr 2012
*Moved to more appropriate forum* - Fadyen

Tournament of Champions Winner 2013

Bracelet Winner

Old
Wink
PSO Not Willing - Sun Feb 02, 2014, 06:21 PM
(#12)
It's become clear to me after reading the forums that PSO aren't willing/able to uphold the integrity of their own league and choose to pass on the buck by telling players to contact support. Any doctor on the planet will tell you(quoting an earlier post) that it would be impossible to stay awake for 17 days straight and achieve such high finishing positions as January 2014 leaderboard leader has done. I'm willing to put my integrity on the line to uphold the integrity of PSO

Old
Sun Feb 02, 2014, 06:28 PM
(#13)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by M1GHT'NPOWER View Post
It's become clear to me after reading the forums that PSO aren't willing/able to uphold the integrity of their own league and choose to pass on the buck by telling players to contact support.
Who exactly from PSO asked you to contact Support about the league?

The only time that moderators would ask a member to contact support is when that moderator cannot help with the question. Moderators have no access to members personal accounts so they have to direct members to Support quite often.

Also, moderators here in the forum have no say in how the leagues are run

Cheers,
Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Feb 02, 2014, 06:36 PM
(#14)
Quote:
Originally Posted by royalraise85 View Post
Who exactly from PSO asked you to contact Support about the league?

The only time that moderators would ask a member to contact support is when that moderator cannot help with the question. Moderators have no access to members personal accounts so they have to direct members to Support quite often.

Also, moderators here in the forum have no say in how the leagues are run

Cheers,
Raiser
This is quite a serious matter and members have raised and re-raised the issue in previous months in the forums with no action from either PSO or PS.

Old
Sun Feb 02, 2014, 06:40 PM
(#15)
Since: May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by annie_22at90 View Post
Actually, you played on 25 days.

Of those 25 days, you only played 5 of 6 possible games six times (10th, 11th, 12th, 14th, 19th, 24th).
Don't do researches again....... I was saying more which underlined my point. And in my defense I started late and finished early, but honestly thought I played more - my apologies detective.

Old
Thumbs down
Mon Feb 03, 2014, 12:40 AM
(#16)
Another fact about the player in question is that they have played 17 MTT on PS starting from 6 November 2013 with average results. But has managed to blitz the field in Open Skill League. It's amazing how this fresh account has achieved so much in such a short time.

Old
Cool
Mon Feb 03, 2014, 01:56 AM
(#17)
Since: Aug 2010
Hi All,

Let me try to correct your basic misconception:
#1 This so called "fresh account"Username Removed has at least 3 top 20 finishes; a 17th, a 3rd, & a 4th.
That's $1,300...actually 11th place on the top $$ winners in the OPEN (odd months) over the last year as of Sept '13.
These leagues have loads of data from months b4. If your Serious about playing the OPEN, U should get to know the Serious players & rail their tables. Most all the players will chat a bit & over time U can tell it's the same player & not a replacement(or so i assume).
As for last month, I've never seen more suckouts.....

Good Luck in your League this month,
sleepy

Quote:
Originally Posted by M1GHT'NPOWER View Post
Another fact about the player in question is that they have played 17 MTT on PS starting from 6 November 2013 with average results. But has managed to blitz the field in Open Skill League. It's amazing how this fresh account has achieved so much in such a short time.

Last edited by royalraise85; Mon Feb 03, 2014 at 07:07 AM.. Reason: Terms & Conditions

Old
tourney leader rank - Mon Feb 03, 2014, 01:57 AM
(#18)
Since: Oct 2010
Have done much study on points & leader board system. It seems that if y were to play 10 or so in the month that were reasonably high finishes (at least above & beyond 1,200 pls) as if you place worse than that you wouldn't have a hope. The higher you place with positive points Finishes the less tourneys you have to play. Depending how well you play ie; positive finishes v negative, you may well need to play 60 or so if you have to many negative points finishes.

Conclusion the points system is fairly complex & the ALLIN play makes it very difficult because most of the time nearly you need to see the flop. (93% of hands need help on the flop) It becomes a game where y can only play top 7% of hands. Which is not how the game suppose to be played. ALLIN bets are fine but not in stage 1 PRE flop. These allin players are mostly trying to get lucky to chip up & a high percentage don't know any other play.

Last edited by Tobby3; Mon Feb 03, 2014 at 02:22 AM..

Old
Mon Feb 03, 2014, 02:47 AM
(#19)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyolman View Post
Hi All,

Let me try to correct your basic misconception:
#1 This so called "fresh account"Username Removed has at least 3 top 20 finishes; a 17th, a 3rd, & a 4th.
That's $1,300...actually 11th place on the top $$ winners in the OPEN (odd months) over the last year as of Sept '13.
These leagues have loads of data from months b4. If your Serious about playing the OPEN, U should get to know the Serious players & rail their tables. Most all the players will chat a bit & over time U can tell it's the same player & not a replacement(or so i assume).
As for last month, I've never seen more suckouts.....

Good Luck in your League this month,
sleepy
Sleepyolman I'm not under any misconception at all and I don't need to know the serious players to see that what he has achieved is virtually impossible. The data you speak of is not available for Username Removed because January 2014 was his first attempt at Open Skill League. It is a fresh account because I know my info is accurate unless you can so called PROVE ME WRONG. I think your under estimating the opposition. I can only base my assumptions on the facts that are before me.

Last edited by royalraise85; Mon Feb 03, 2014 at 07:08 AM.. Reason: Terms & Conditions

Old
Red face
Mon Feb 03, 2014, 02:56 AM
(#20)
Tobby3 This is not about you and your thread is off topic. Thanks mate.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com