Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

5NL hold em KK

Old
5NL hold em KK - Sat Feb 01, 2014, 02:14 AM
(#1)
Since: May 2013
Should I really fold KK in situations like these without stats or read on villain based only on soul read? Was up against AA with KK 3times last session, folded KK once pre-flop and was right...

Old
Sat Feb 01, 2014, 03:05 AM
(#2)
Since: Sep 2012
I would call 3b and see a flop.

His range is so crazily narrow that we are behind or chopping vs any decent players' value range.

Old
Sat Feb 01, 2014, 04:15 AM
(#3)
Yes, but I have no idea if his decent or a total fish, he had been at the table for 2-3 hands, but calling 3bet seems reasonable. Will get Pokertracker soon, will make my life a lot easier I hope

Old
Sat Feb 01, 2014, 08:14 PM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi Amigo!

I prefer calling here as well. Although getting it in pre isn't terrible unless you have reads the villain is tight. But like birdayy said, his range should be very narrow and anything more narrow than QQ+/AK starts to put you in a bad place. While villain may 3b wider than this (how much wider is uncertain since he's hitting an UTG raiser), we may fold out the flotsam with a 4b, and be thinning him to too narrow a range. By flatting we can keep these parts of his range are doing real well against in the pot.

Don't worry about if he's a total fish or not... yes if he's a wild fish we could feel great about 4b/getting it in pre, but at the same time, we can get great value post flop from a wild fish anyway when we flat, and can get away from heavy action on an ace high board as well.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Feb 02, 2014, 04:06 AM
(#5)
Sounds good, thnx

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com