Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

2NL Full Ring Turn: Fold?

Old
2NL Full Ring Turn: Fold? - Sat Feb 01, 2014, 06:15 AM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2014
I am posting my hand review as YouTube Link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHUwocJXu-U

My thought process was...

He either had a queen or king (for some reason not both).

May be like KJ, QJ, KT because of his min raise

On the Turn, when he bet, I knew he got a King pair.

For some reason, I wanted to see the river (I think I should not have because he had King pair. To beat his king pair, I only had 7 outs)

Also, now looking back. I should have check on the river to see what value he offers because he could have easily raised or give me the chance to fold.

Are there any more bad moves you can spot?

Old
Sun Feb 02, 2014, 02:58 AM
(#2)
Since: Jan 2012
Hi aznhaxor,

Did you have a read/stats on the villain? I ask because against an unknown, I would fold A10s from ep. The villain's range includes a lot of hands that dominate us AJ, AQ and AK. Also, if another player left to act decides to 3b we are goin to have a problem.

On the flop, you have some outs with a gutshot draw and maybe an ace. This is not a good spot to be raising. Calling can be fine. You can use your position to control the pot size. Raising as you did simply builds the pot in a spot where you presumably do not have the best hand.

On the turn I would definately fold. The villain's line looks strong and the only sure outs you have are the three non-heart Js. Just fold now. You are not getting the odds to coninue.

I would have checked back the river as well. You now have top pair, but this is not a good spot to make a thin value bet. Check it down and hope you are ahead.

GL and have fun at the tables!

Roland GTX

Old
Sun Feb 02, 2014, 01:06 PM
(#3)
Since: Jan 2014
True. Your words totally make sense. Ummm. For reading/stats, I tried using PokerTracker two days ago. However, I do not understand how to interpret the Hub Profile numbers. I know the definition of VPIP/PFR/CBet/etc. But, in low micro stake NLHE, is 20 VPIP low or is 40PFR high or etc? I just do not know how to translate those numbers to my play... I do not know the standard number for average players too... any video link that can help me out? Ty

Old
Sun Feb 02, 2014, 02:18 PM
(#4)
Since: Sep 2010
I'm not a real expert on Full Ring Games so someone else might be able to give you what some ballpark figures are for those games.

I'd highly recommend watching some of TheLangolier's "statistical sleuth" videos.

Also PokerTracker has a "LeakTracker" that shows where your stats lie in relation to average winning players.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com