Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

2nl Zoom AA Strange turn shove or insta fold?

Old
2nl Zoom AA Strange turn shove or insta fold? - Sat Feb 01, 2014, 07:19 AM
(#1)
Since: Dec 2011
Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner

Hi Everyone,

i just wanted to see if anyone was thinking along the same lines as me in this hand or weather i was just trying to see what i wanted to.

Unfortunately i dont have info on this villan playing in the zoom pool.
I 3bet pre,they call utg,when they re-raise me on the flop i didnt think that was 100% Jacks full i think they could be raising that board with QQ or A high+ pocket pairs etc.

So i decided to flat and re-access turn, i check turn because i'm not really prepared to stack off this deep with a one pair hand, but then they just over shove and i thought wow are you really shoving jacks full like that given you want to get value from your monster.
I just thought this play looked strange to me but what do you think? insta fold or deeper consideration to this what i perceived as not making a great deal of sense if its JJ here.

Thanks

Old
Sat Feb 01, 2014, 07:40 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2012
This deep, with one pair, I think it is a snap fold against someone without some read that they can do this with just TP or worse.

Old
Sat Feb 01, 2014, 08:29 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi Nashy,

This deep there's nothing wrong with folding... although the depth of money has been reduced by the preflop action as well so the stack to pot ratio is 10... not crazy deep.

I may surprise here, but I favor calling off. His value range that is beating us is incredibly narrow here, basically just JJ. It's hard to see him making his way through the preflop action with a 5 in his hand. Is it possible he might play QQ or KK this way? I think it may be at 2NL. If he flopped a *****d hand like J's full, would he play it so fast? Maybe, but many don't. What I'm getting at is, this looks a lot like what an inexperienced player may do with QQ to "protect his hand" from an ace or king coming. When you don't reraise him on the flop, he thinks he's good, and just wants to end it on the turn before you "catch him".

If he would play JJ this fast 100% of the time, then there are 3 card combos of this holding. KK/QQ there are 12 card combos... so we only need him to do this with one of these two hands 25% (3/12) of the time to be breaking even. If he does it just half the time with KK/QQ, we are profitable stacking off. If he slowplays JJ sometimes, we are profitable.

Again, no big problem with the fold, but I feel like I have a decent case for calling off here.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com