Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

5NL hold em- Raise or not?

Old
5NL hold em- Raise or not? - Sat Feb 01, 2014, 02:20 PM
(#1)
Since: May 2013

I know it´s a cooler, but maybe just call better on the river? Hard to get called by worse..

Old
Sat Feb 01, 2014, 02:54 PM
(#2)
Since: Dec 2013
I don't play fullring but never ever would I call behind here. The only reasonable hand that beats you is AA but it is very unlikely that he would flat call AA pre flop. ...Well and then there is quads, but how often does someone river quads when you make a full house? One in 500 maybe? You have to pay it off then.

Also he min raises the turn, so he feels super strong even without quads. I'm sure he would have played it the same way if he had pocket 33. I think you played it fine, nothing you can do.

Old
Sat Feb 01, 2014, 08:50 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi Amigo,

Firstly the open from UTG is kind of loose in full ring, but ok. I usually open it but I'm a 6-max player primarily, I think I saw frosty say he folds small/med pairs UTG a tough tables (ok 5NL = probably not a tough table, fair enough lol).

Anyway I would reraise the turn, and certainly am never avoiding a stack off on the river here. Don't let yourself be results oriented. AA is very unlikely since he didn't reraise preflop. 5c2c is equally as unlikely. We lose to 44. Hands we are beating, which he can show up with here and be stacking off: A4, 56s, club/club, 33. I think if you take your chances here, you'll be on the right end of it way more often than not.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Feb 02, 2014, 04:03 AM
(#4)
I quess I have just been too much up against AA lately, but yeah, everything make sense

Old
Sun Feb 02, 2014, 04:04 AM
(#5)
And yes, 5NL isn´t nearly tough enough to fold 77 UTG

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com