Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Live Game Sweats and Online Tournaments /

CHAPS Rock the Rockford!

Old
CHAPS Rock the Rockford! - Wed Dec 04, 2002, 12:32 PM
(#1)
Deleted user
How many CHAPS does it take to screw in a light bulb? I dont know. How many does it take to have fun? Again, I'm not sure, but I know we exceeded critical mass last night.

First, I must hand out a big round of slops to our friend zipman, who called for the party and then allowed his schedule to change, and missed the fun. Bob, I am the king of schedule changes, but doggone it you missed a wild one last night.

Now to the props and report proper.

It is, I believe, not possible to beat Leon (Sailor Moe) to one of these events. Jay Muzzey and I arrived and, as usual, Leon was already working the room. He handed us some drink coupons and introduced us to Res Ipsa and Debonair. Tony D showed up and Stricky and ronitf. We decided to start a quick 1 table tourney and sat down with 8 CHAPS and 2 others (who had little idea of what they were getting into). Sailor, who was off to pick up the San Francisco mob (Top2pair and Wiscer, who apparently and seperately travelled 1700 miles for the pleasure of playing each other again) was being blinded off and played about as many hands as he usually does

Jay, as usual, won a big pot early, and a muzzey with a big stack is a force to be reckoned with. Come the midpoint of the tourney, with the non-CHAPS eliminated, and my stack had almost caught up to Jay's. He had been playing the muzzey game of raising often and taking down pots. I had come over the top of him once (with QQ) and he had thrown his hand away admitting he was stealing. As it turns out, he set me up perfectly. Again he raised 3X BB and I look down to see AQ diamonds. I reraised 3X his bet and sure enough, he put all his chips in. We were the 2 big stacks and I should have folded quickly, but after thinking for a second, I put him on a hand like JJ or TT and decided that, if I called, it was essentially a coin flip for the pot, and that the winner of this pot would in fact win the tourney. I was half right. He had KK, no ace and certainly no diamonds flopped and I hit the rail. Jay did take the huge chip lead and win the tourney though. One of these days I will learn that the muzzeys both have my number and stop letting them eliminate me from tourneys. In fact, for the real cash, I should avoid tourneys with them period and just play stakehorse.

Stricky threatened me with severe bodily harm if I did not mention her third place finsh in this event, so I think I am safe from that now. 8)

The big event was an anti-climax, and CHAPS were falling like flies. 36 starters, 8 CHAPS and I set the over under for CHAPS at the final table at 4, and even money one of us finishing in the money. I am a worse oddsmaker than poker player (as hard as that may be to believe), as only 2 survived to the final table (congrats to Ronitf and Wiscer) and Wiscer was the bubble boy, meaning no one cashed.

As usual, fun was had though. Pokerschoolers are great people to hang out with. I got a (late) birthday chocolate chip cookie so the evening wasnt a total loss.

I cant wait to see how fun 100 pokerschoolers in a room will be in Tunica. I am thinking that the town will not be the same afterwards.

Bill

Old
Wed Dec 04, 2002, 01:13 PM
(#2)
Deleted user
Great report bill! Looking forward to seeing you again in Tunica!

Its gonna be scary when the PSO mob crashes into the poker room and takes over! Im sure alot of heads will turn!

= )

Old
Wed Dec 04, 2002, 04:53 PM
(#3)
Deleted user

I can't wait, I can't wait, I can't wait !!!!

This is gonna be soooooooooo much fun. Sure hope I still have a job when the PSOers leave !!!!!!!

8O

'Goddess

Old
Wed Dec 04, 2002, 05:27 PM
(#4)
Deleted user
ah yes, what w onderful night it was. although the poker playing, by me at least, was not all that great, we had some good fun. it was wonderful meeting the new pso'ers, top2pair, wiscer, and res ipsa. and great to see the old faces, wildbill, sailor, ronitf, tony d, mgportes, stricky, debonnair, (and i hope i didnt forget anyone else ). i busted out early enough in the main tourny to allow for a good bs session. wiscer and ronitf made it to the final table, top 3 spots paid. ronitf played patiently and waited for KK, went all in, called by AK, board comes out 24435, and she exits the tourny to a rivered str8. i think in 7th place. wiscer was playing one of the most solid games of poker i have seen in a long time. he is a force to be reckoned with. with 4 players left, it seemed to be a blind stealing fest, just trying to make it into the money, as everyone was folding. wiscer decided to make a stand with 99, and pushed all in for approx. 30k, he was called by K10 offsuit. the board comes down completely harmless until the river, when the man on the end spikes a 10. wiscer exits in 4th place, making no money, but honestly played a tremendous game.

the other californian, top2pair, was a blast to hang out with. he took an early exit from the tourny, not sure exactly how, but i will let him explain if he wants. after busting out myself, i was able to shoot the bull with him and tonyd, until more chaps dropped out of the tournament. i had a great time, and i am sure everyone else did also. if anyone is ever going to be in the chicago area, please let us know, we will find something to do, wether it be ring games, home games, tournaments, or just sitting at a bar or going out for dinner. the CHAPS players know how to have a good time!!!!!!!!!

Old
Thu Dec 05, 2002, 09:48 AM
(#5)
Deleted user
Ahhhhh. Bubble Boy. That's gonna leave a mark!

Thanks for the kind words, Muzz. It was a pleasure to meet all of the CHAPSters, and I really enjoyed the tournament.

I guess if you live by the river you have to die by the river. Much earlier in the tourney I called Sailor's all in bet holding AQ. I think he had TT, and when the board ended up T K x x J his set was busted and so was he.

One funny thing was that I hadn't paid any attention to the payout percentages until we got to the final table. I asked the guy next to me what the payout was, and was pretty surprised at the 70/20/10 answer. That's the most top heavy payout I've ever seen for a 40 person tourney! When we got down to four-handed, a couple of us suggested we at least save the buyin, but the guy on my left refused (??) saying he had come a long way for the tourney. I told him I knew I had him beat in THAT department and he was a little surprised when I told him I came from CA to play!

Given that the average stack 4 handed was 50K, and the blinds were 4000/8000, it really was a crap shoot at the end, unfortunately I crapped out! It was surprising how long we played at that level, each of us staying close to 50K.

Although busting on the bubble is always painful, I must be growing as a player since the sting didn't last all that long! Had a great time, hope to see you guys again someday!

Old
Thu Dec 05, 2002, 12:17 PM
(#6)
Deleted user
OH WHAT A NIGHT :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

CHAPS ROCK :!: :!: :!:

MEMBERS ARE GROWING EVERY MEETING.
ITS SO NICE TO MEET ALL THE NEW MEMBERS.
I JUST CANT KEEP THE NAMES STRAIGHT. I GO BACK AND FORTH
BETWEEN REAL AND SCREEN NAMES. :lol: LOL

THE BOYS GAVE A GOOD ACCOUNT ON THE GAMES.

THE ROCKRORD CREW FEARS CHAPS MEMBERS :!: :!: :!: :!:
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

WILDBILL DID GET HIS BIRTHDAY COOKIE WITH A CANDLE :P :P
WE ALL SANG HAPPY BIRTHDAY
THE FROSTING WAS THE BEST POTATO CHIPS AND HE DID SHARE

THEN FOR MY NEXT LESSON FROM WILDBILL :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

RAISE :twisted: RAISE 8O RAISE 8)

DONT BE A CALLING STATION

HE HAUNTS ME WITH THOSE WORDS :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

SO I DID
:idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:
I EVEN LOOKED THEM STRAIGHT IN THE EYE WHEN I TOOK DOWN
THE POTS IN THE 15/30 GAME WOOOOOHOOOO 8) 8) 8) 8)

NOW IF I END UP IN JAIL FOR STEALING :!: :!: :!:
YOUR GONNA BAIL ME OUT :wink: :wink: :wink:

THEN WHILE IM SITTING THERE THEY WANT TO KNOW WHERE I
PLAY. SO NOW IM SELLING GIFT CERTIFICATES FOR PSO :lol:

WE NEED REPS IN ALL THE CARD ROOMS :!: :!: :!:
THATS THE NEXT PHASE FOR MARK AND TINA :!: :!: :!:

I HAD A GR8 TIME THANKS FOR SHOWING UP :mrgreen:

STRICKY 8O DEBBIE

Old
Thu Dec 05, 2002, 01:08 PM
(#7)
Since: Jun 2010
Even though my play was less than stellar, I thoroughly enjoyed meeting all of you, especially the women!

This group is the most friendly assemblage of poker players as I have ever run across. And, they don't need to mask their skills with the nastiness that some use to bludgeon opponents.

I learned at lot from those I played against, such as Jay's lesson on how to destroy opponents with 5 3 offsuit. Also, it was both fun and instructive to see my AKs lose against Tony D's QQ, and then seem him get bit on the butt with the same later on! :evil:

Thanks to those who traveled so far to be with us, Top2pair and Wiscer, and to Moe for taking the lead on putting this together. And to Willbill for being, well, just Wildbill.

I will be back and see the locals again, and look forward to Tunica.

Also, I renew my suggestion to Top2pair: Change you screen name to Suited 2 GAP. To Debonair: change your name (to Mooney) and then either shave your head or drop your pants

Old
Thu Dec 05, 2002, 03:12 PM
(#8)
Deleted user
I'd also like to ask that all of the CHAPSters post a photo to their profile. Since I just had one shot at putting names to faces, I want to be able to put those faces with names going forward, and I'm sure I'll forget.

I took the first step...picture posted!

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com