Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

NL 25 Zoom 6max: bet flop or check behind vs xflixx the old luckbox?

Old
NL 25 Zoom 6max: bet flop or check behind vs xflixx the old luckbox? - Sun Feb 02, 2014, 01:56 AM
(#1)
Since: Apr 2012
Hi,

played that hand vs Felix yesterday, not gonna include stats, guess thats kind of unfair if we name the player, but only had 64 hands on him anyway.

discussed the hand with a study group buddy of mine and he said its a clear bet on the flop. I kind of disagree, I like to check behind for pot control since there arent a lot of cards we have to protect our equity against and we cant get three streets of value anyway (I would only go for one street of value here unimproved). A and K would not be great for us but at least give us some sorts of straight draws.

On the other hand Felix range looks very weak after his flop check in Blind vs Blind here, so pot controlling is probably not that important and from a balancing point of view, we often bet our junk here probably to take the pot away so we might wanna bet all our (thin) value hands here as well.

Oh and Preflop I could have 3-bet of course but was a bit intimidated of playing a big pot vs flixx when called or 4 bet and dont think calling is a big mistake.

P.S.: Just included the result here to show that you can't beat Pokerstars Pros one way or the other , so please no result oriented analyses.

Last edited by almigthybald; Sun Feb 02, 2014 at 02:02 AM..

Old
Sun Feb 02, 2014, 05:43 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2011
(Live Trainer)
Haha I probably played this hand a lot worse than you did. Your line is fine, I'd personally 3-bet the hell out of myself pre, but apart from that I would only go for 1 street of value, maybe even check turn and delay to the river. It's probably safe to say that against some regs (who knows who these guys are lol!) betting turn won't always get you too much value from their overall check/check range anyway.

Live Trainer

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com