Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

2$NL 6-max: AhKs folding top pair top kicker on the flop ?

Old
2$NL 6-max: AhKs folding top pair top kicker on the flop ? - Sun Feb 02, 2014, 07:15 AM
(#1)
Since: Dec 2013
villain_5 VP14 PF10 AF 1/1/0/1 (30)

How would you proceed with this hand? Would you call, re-raise or fold ?

I don't have a lot of stats on the villain but in the small sample he seems to be tight passive so a re-raise by him has some strength or he might just be overvalueing a made hand ?

Old
Sun Feb 02, 2014, 10:34 AM
(#2)
Since: Sep 2010
Do you normally open 4.5x from the button? As a rule I'd suggest keeping your bet sizes consistent unless you've got a massive calling station that will call regardless what size you make it.

You've not got much of a sample on villain but I think it's fair to assume that he's pretty tight. The fact that he called such a large preflop raise, then check-raised you on an action flop means that you can be pretty confident in folding the worst hand here.

Old
Sun Feb 02, 2014, 10:48 AM
(#3)
Since: Dec 2013
Hi Spand,

No not really, in general I do a 3.5 - don't know why I did it here - perhaps just a misclick but need to take attention there.

Thank you

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com