Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

2$NL 6-max JJ boat on the river, bad 4-bet on the turn ?

Old
2$NL 6-max JJ boat on the river, bad 4-bet on the turn ? - Sun Feb 02, 2014, 07:25 AM
(#1)
Since: Dec 2013
villain_2 VP80 PF35 AF 2/1/2/INF (20)

Regarding this hand I am wondering if I did not better call the 3-bet on the turn and then check into the river to induce a bluff ? Or do you think my re-raise was correct (looking at the depth of the stack) ? Would you have called and bet on the river ?

Old
Sun Feb 02, 2014, 10:48 AM
(#2)
Since: Sep 2010
First thing - just a quick thing about terminology. Postflop, the action goes bet -> raise (2Bet) -> reraise (3Bet) etc. In your example, on the turn, you made a Bet and V2 made a Raise (occasionally called a 2Bet), not a 3Bet.

Back to the hand, I think you played it very well. I wouldn't slowplay here, if villain has turned a flush, he won't fold now to a shove. If he doesn't have at least a flush, he's not going to bluff the river and he may even check back his flushes, so you'd just miss a lot of value.

Well played!

Old
Sun Feb 02, 2014, 01:12 PM
(#3)
Since: Dec 2013
thank you
as always very useful

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com