Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Live Game Sweats and Online Tournaments / Skill League /

@@@***February 2014 PokerSchool Open Skill League Goals / Progress thread***@@@

Old
Arrow
@@@***February 2014 PokerSchool Open Skill League Goals / Progress thread***@@@ - Sun Feb 02, 2014, 03:58 PM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2012
BronzeStar
  • Top 10
  • All tourneys played

Last edited by SasoriHayate; Sun Feb 02, 2014 at 04:01 PM..

Old
Mon Feb 03, 2014, 11:50 AM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
***Moved***

Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Feb 04, 2014, 09:01 AM
(#3)
BronzeStar
I played only 5 games first day because my alarm clock didn't work to wake up at 8. I'm on pace , made only 1671 after some tremendous coolers set of Q vs set of K, bad beat QQ vs A9 he hits the ace on the river etc... .

Last edited by SasoriHayate; Tue Feb 04, 2014 at 07:15 PM..

Old
Wed Feb 05, 2014, 05:23 PM
(#4)
BronzeStar
http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-h...616_7B243ACF13
7788th

Old
Fri Feb 07, 2014, 05:43 PM
(#5)
BronzeStar
http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-h...539_63F27B2C90 no comment

Old
Fri Feb 07, 2014, 07:52 PM
(#6)
Since: May 2012
I had a lot of bad beats last month. But man your beats are the most brutal ones I've seen in this league, good luck tough!

Old
.. - Sat Feb 08, 2014, 02:51 AM
(#7)
Since: Nov 2013
omg man , its rly hard to be more unlucy than you

Old
Sat Feb 08, 2014, 08:53 AM
(#8)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by TarekGG View Post
I had a lot of bad beats last month. But man your beats are the most brutal ones I've seen in this league, good luck tough!
What can i do.... i take it and move on
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharky 1612 View Post
omg man , its rly hard to be more unlucy than you
Yea i think i am. An example is december 2013, where this kind of bad beats never happened the whole month, but now stars is really mad on me.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuBvAWwRY_o

Old
Still in range - Sat Feb 08, 2014, 09:38 AM
(#9)
Since: May 2013
Just wanted to say that bad beats happens to all of us.. You are definitely still within good range for reaching your goal this month! Good luck in the upcoming weeks and maybe see you at the tables one of these days..

Cheers,
Gunnar

PS, I have the same goal (top 10), but will try to achieve it with an average of 4 tournaments / day

Old
Sat Feb 08, 2014, 12:51 PM
(#10)
BronzeStar
Hi Gunnar, i don't have nothing with set over set or flush over flush or full house over flush etc bad beats but when i go pf with 87% equity, i make otf 95% equity and i lose on the river that sucks and is really tilting. Anyway thank you for the motivation and i wish you goodluck too. May the heater hit us in the last week of the league.

Cheers!

Old
Sun Feb 09, 2014, 12:56 AM
(#11)
Well I've done better every month I've played so I guess I'm trying to get within the top 5000 this month. Wouldn't mind placing within the Shooter Factor again this month as well but I'm more focused on rising on the league ladder.

Old
Bad beat - Sun Feb 09, 2014, 08:12 PM
(#12)
Hey Sasori,
seems like you're on a good run today...

Old
Sun Feb 09, 2014, 11:12 PM
(#13)
BronzeStar
YO Gunnar, what's up bro? It was a really good day. You had a good day too yesterday and today except last 2 games of the day (. I'v started to limp more and play the hand faster because if you'r making time playing during a hand, they get really pissed and they going all in, so it's better this playstyle for wtsd . This was a good day for kickboxing10 also. He made like 3 100th place in a row and now he's sitting with 20k at the table :O. Dunno why i have a feeling that this month i'll need over 2750 to be in top10. We shall see ..... good luck tomorrow and go to sleep if u want, i'm gonna sleep 2 hours today and 8 hours the day after tomorrow. Gl Gunnar!!!

Old
Tue Feb 11, 2014, 01:00 PM
(#14)
BronzeStar
Today i was playing the open skill league on laptop and watching the walking dead on my pc. Result - sitting out with ACES ))

Old
Wed Feb 12, 2014, 01:29 AM
(#15)
well I'm not going so well so far, at 11913 as of writing and i'm 340 in the shooter. Only managed to play 7 tournaments so far this Month so I need to pick it up.

Sasori: I hate it when that happens, I've started to keep my laptop away from the TV whenever I'm playing just for that reason.

Old
Wed Feb 12, 2014, 02:43 AM
(#16)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by djkillerlamb View Post
well I'm not going so well so far, at 11913 as of writing and i'm 340 in the shooter. Only managed to play 7 tournaments so far this Month so I need to pick it up.

Sasori: I hate it when that happens, I've started to keep my laptop away from the TV whenever I'm playing just for that reason.
You have plenty of time to play the open skill league so you can make some $. About the shooter factor don't know really much, i know that i can't be in the money with my pokerschool play style.

Yep it's better to focus on the tourney but for me is impossible )) now i'm watching dragon ball while i'm playing. It's really boring to stay with your eyes only on 1 table. Good luck!

Last edited by SasoriHayate; Wed Feb 12, 2014 at 04:02 AM..

Old
Wed Feb 12, 2014, 04:15 AM
(#17)
I'm thinking I might skip shooter, I should be working on my overall game and getting on the shooter charts means I have to be super aggressive with every hand I decide to play which works against certain players but some people will call with anything!

Old
Wed Feb 12, 2014, 07:04 AM
(#18)
Hey Sasori,

Congratulations to your good runs lately. Good to follow your solid game!

I agree with you on the movie argument.. I normally have a good TV-serie running next to my poker table - 'Breaking Bad' and 'Homeland' being the favourites. Looking forward to season 2 of 'House of Cards' which I think will be out next week..

When it comes to screen real estate I have the movie screen running directly next to the poker table on the same screen. I also have 2-3 other poker tables from the same tournament open so that I can follow a few other players by choice to keep my motivation up. Yesterday I kept an extra eye on Sophie, Raoshin and you..

Keep up the good game!

Cheers,
Gunnar

Old
Wed Feb 12, 2014, 02:17 PM
(#19)
BronzeStar
Hi Gunnar, thank you i know i run good but still can play all the games lately. I'm too tired if i sleep only 2 hours today i missed 2 tourneys.
Btw i stopped watching other players it is too tilting to watch them double or triple up, for example sophie finished on 3rd ))) :O WTF??? that kickboxing 2 finishes 16 and 75th.
Gunnar good luck, i watched your game 1 good score and then 1 bad i think you'r really pissed off. What can i say this league will be tough we are on 12th of februrary and the 1st has 2500 points. Good luck Gunnar, and let's hope that we can make it in the top10.

Old
Singin' the tiltin' blues... - Wed Feb 12, 2014, 03:47 PM
(#20)
Hey there,

Yes, only sleeping 2 hours at a time would really hurt me... I did totally tilt today..

The game this morning when Sophie finished 3rd I ended up finishing in 59th place which was a great boost.

I normally sleep after that 'night shift', but since it was so close to another registration I stupidly broke my pattern and signed up.. Was so tired that I went all in with QQ not having noticed the donk sitting just after me - He went all in with T4 off suite and hit a set with his 4s on the river..

Earlier tonight I was Skyping with a friend while playing and got distracted - played some questionable hands and totally tilted out of the tournament just barely below 5000..

I have also noticed the high levels this month and after looking at all of the 2013 league final rankings you are probably right in your predictions. Anyway, a couple of bad beats like the ones I had today is not a disaster - we still have 16 days to battle it out...

Hope you have rested well today and good luck tonight!

Cheers

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com