Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Brags, Beats and Variance /

AK hole cards ??????? cant win

Old
AK hole cards ??????? cant win - Sun Feb 02, 2014, 04:35 PM
(#1)
Since: Apr 2013
noticed for a while that AK hole cards rarely wins a hand so started counting them............over 4 days play - 46 times with AK hole cards and won once. can I put this down to bad beats ? even AK on flop and 2 kings on flop a few times and still got beat. So what to do with AK hole cards ????? check, raise, reraise......The only thing i learn from AK hole cards on here is that a bad beat is coming.

Old
Sun Feb 02, 2014, 04:40 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Without knowing the specifics of each individual hand, there is no way to tell if even 1 of them is a bad beat. The hand dynamics will determine everything. Opps tendencies and stack sizes, bet sizes, pot size, etc. All of this is necessary info.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Feb 02, 2014, 07:16 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2012

AK is a beast of a hand. There are classes in the video archive that are worth watching about playing AK.

Old
Sun Feb 02, 2014, 08:35 PM
(#4)
Good starting cards do not guarantee winning pots. In addition to good hands you must have good situations.

Think about it.

Old
Tue Feb 04, 2014, 02:41 PM
(#5)
Hand dynamics, opponents play, bet size, pot size, table position, etc etc......not much use at all when the hand gets beat.

Old
Tue Feb 04, 2014, 02:47 PM
(#6)
yep good hole cards dont count for wins....agree. I tend to only bet on good situations.....ie good flop etc or maybe if a player has shown aggression on most hands.

Old
Tue Feb 04, 2014, 03:51 PM
(#7)
Since: Sep 2013
BronzeStar
Ok this is based on my experience.. If you have raise before you make a 3b,many times opponents will fold,if u get 4b i suggest you just fold it cause you are underdog to every pocket pair...
If you see flop and there is no A or K or str8 draw fold it...
I have gone all in with AK and many times you get beaten,but overall i won more with AK than i lost

Sent from my HTC Desire X using Tapatalk

Old
Tue Feb 04, 2014, 04:14 PM
(#8)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneYard66 View Post
Hand dynamics, opponents play, bet size, pot size, table position, etc etc......not much use at all when the hand gets beat.
If the hand isn't played correctly.. it's WHY it gets beat. Without this info, this cannot be determined.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Feb 06, 2014, 12:12 PM
(#9)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWK24 View Post
If the hand isn't played correctly.. it's WHY it gets beat. Without this info, this cannot be determined.

John (JWK24)
Shameless plug

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com