Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

89 of hearts

Old
89 of hearts - Mon Feb 03, 2014, 06:22 PM
(#1)
Since: Oct 2013

villain unknown... I think I should shove on turn but his raise on flop looked like a nut flush draw to me... should I still shove the turn?

Old
and 67 of hearts - Mon Feb 03, 2014, 06:40 PM
(#2)
Since: Oct 2013

trying to mix it up with suited connectors but... was this horrible play? I have straight and flush draws... I mean I was at the end of session pretty small stack and 40% chance seemed good enough for me...

Old
Tue Feb 04, 2014, 05:50 AM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2011
(Live Trainer)
Hey pekmansick,

I think you played both hands fine. There are ofc alternative lines you could take, but neither will be specifically bad as you have such an equitable hand on the flop each time.

In the 98s I would consider 3-betting the flop for several reasons, most prominent being your strong equity even against better hands OTF and adding some folding equity into the mix. Folding out other draws isn't a bad result here. Also you're OOP and pair will most likely not have enough showdown value up until the river unless you improve to 2 pair+. Your flush outs are usually obvious to an opponent with a better hand so your implied odds by just calling are additionally diminished OOP.

Folding river seems the best option now as played, so still nice hand.

In 76s I wouldn't play it any different, as your equity is even better here and your implied odds worse.

Live Trainer

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com