Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

switching my game would apreciate some input :)

Old
Thumbs up
switching my game would apreciate some input :) - Tue Feb 04, 2014, 05:28 AM
(#1)
Since: Oct 2013
Hi, well 2013 wasn't a profitable year although I had good wins I wasted my bankroll each time and ended up broke in real life

And the start of 2014 hasn't come with much success plus the fact I don't have much money anymore to make a decent starting BR so I'm going to hopefully build up from the bottom this year.

So as my SnG's and Mtt's results thus far have been poor I'm thinking of switching to small stake cash games and hopefully build up through the ranks from there I'm starting with a really small original BR as I don't want to get greedy so my Br is down to around $17/£11 and I'm going to be playing 1c/2c cash games with a buy in of $1 and play either til I bust or reach an hour per buy in, but I'm not sure if I'am better playing pl or nl games this is where you lovely guys can hopefully help as I really need this to work I can always start again if I do bust but for myself this is important ty for reading......

Old
Tue Feb 04, 2014, 06:48 AM
(#2)
Since: Sep 2010
Good luck with building your bankroll!

There's not too much difference between PL Hold 'em and NL Hold 'em as the pots can become big in both quite quickly anyway. I'd rather play NL Hold 'em where the fish can make bigger mistakes at all decision points.

If you're talking about whether you should play play PL Omaha or NLHE, this is something you have to figure out yourself! Maybe play some Play Money games and see which you prefer.

Old
Wed Feb 05, 2014, 11:19 AM
(#3)
Since: Oct 2013
Hi spand thanks for the reply well i did about 4 hours yesterday and ended off around $5 up and i played a bit of omaha but it was no good i guess i just wasn't in my comfort zone

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com