Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

2NL 6-Max Zoom: Too Agrgessive?

Old
2NL 6-Max Zoom: Too Agrgessive? - Tue Feb 04, 2014, 11:51 AM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2014
My Thought Process
Now that I am looking back at my hand, should I have fold after the flop shown? The BTN could have had Ace or any high cards because he called my raise. However, I decided to bet-fold strategy - if BTN calls my bet on the flop, I will fold. However, after seeing another heart in the community cards, I continued my aggressiveness by the possibility of flush draw. Was my play good?

UTG: 243 BB
Hero (MP): 370.5 BB
CO: 51.5 BB
BTN: 83 BB
SB: 134 BB
BB: 80 BB

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has K:heart: J:heart:

fold, Hero raises to 3 BB, fold, BTN calls 3 BB,

Flop: (7.5 BB, 2 players) A:heart: 9:spade: T:diamond:
Hero bets 5.5 BB, BTN calls 5.5 BB

Turn: (18.5 BB, 2 players) 6:heart:
Hero bets 13.5 BB, BTN ???

Old
Wed Feb 05, 2014, 12:56 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2011
(Live Trainer)
Hey aznhaxor,

I like your play on both flop and turn. You can get some better hands to fold and you build a pot for the case you hit your hand OTR. Barreling as long as you have equity to improve/make your hand, even when you're OOP is definitely almost always going to be a +EV strategy even when your opponents are not happy to fold that much. The nice thing about this one is that most of your outs are well hidden through the backdoor.

Live Trainer

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com