Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

2NL 6-Max Zoom: I Played Right, no?

Old
2NL 6-Max Zoom: I Played Right, no? - Tue Feb 04, 2014, 12:17 PM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2014
Thought Process:

I had TT. The flop was dry, which is 9H, 8C, 5H.

It did not really scared me. However, when 6H showed up on the Turn, it did scared me. Nevertheless, I had the position. MP checks so I bet to represent my overall strength. He called (<= this is where I had to re-evaluate my hand strength and decided to fold on the river). Still, the MP checked again on the river, so I limped. This was the right play, no?

BB: 50 BB (VPIP: 18.33, PFR: 8.33, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 60)
UTG: 112 BB (VPIP: 0.00, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: -, Hands: 1)
MP: 249 BB (VPIP: 19.05, PFR: 16.13, 3Bet Preflop: 7.69, Hands: 63)
Hero (CO): 373 BB
BTN: 46.5 BB (VPIP: 50.00, PFR: 25.00, 3Bet Preflop: 20.00, Hands: 12)
SB: 69 BB (VPIP: 43.48, PFR: 8.70, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 23)

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has T:diamond: T:heart:

fold, MP raises to 3 BB, Hero raises to 9 BB, fold, fold, fold, MP calls 6 BB

Flop: (19.5 BB, 2 players) 9:heart: 8:club: 5:heart:
MP checks, Hero bets 14.5 BB, MP calls 14.5 BB

Turn: (48.5 BB, 2 players) 6:heart:
MP checks, Hero bets 24 BB, MP calls 24 BB

River: (96.5 BB, 2 players) A:diamond:
MP checks, Hero checks

Old
Wed Feb 05, 2014, 01:06 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2011
(Live Trainer)
I like your preflop and flop play in that hand, OTT I would tend to check back as I can't really see worse hands calling here anymore. The turncard is a scary one to many 1 pair hands as it makes both straights, flushes and two pair so I would check it back and try to get there on the river or check behind against weaker pairs. Also if you bet here and get raised it will put you in a very tough spot with just the T high flushdraw and gutter to a straight. You may still have outs against a lot of villain's hands but you also have reverse implied odds against his continuing range OTT.

Live Trainer

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com