Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

25nl zoom deep 7high flush gets checked-shoved on turn

Old
25nl zoom deep 7high flush gets checked-shoved on turn - Tue Feb 04, 2014, 02:17 PM
(#1)
Since: Jul 2011
BronzeStar
Hi PSO,

UTG 48/24 21 hands
MP 80/20 5 hands

Both of them seem recreational

PokerStars Zoom No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from http://www.flopturnriver.com/

saw flop | saw showdown

Hero (Button) ($40.20)
SB ($25.35)
BB ($10.19)
UTG ($3.91)
MP ($45.95)
CO ($39.88)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 6, 7
UTG calls $0.25, MP calls $0.25, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.25, 1 fold, BB checks

Flop: ($1.10) 8, J, 3 (4 players)
BB checks, UTG bets $0.50, MP raises to $2.50, Hero calls $2.50, 1 fold, UTG calls $2

Turn: ($8.60) 9 (3 players)
UTG bets $1.16 (All-In), MP calls $1.16, Hero raises to $7, MP raises to $30.25, Hero...

2nd hand I post limping today, lol I am a fish. I didn't want to call a $4 shove from UTG with 67s and wanted to play vs the fish with a big stack.

Flop I still think I have good implied odds, and if UTG shoves MP can't reraise again.

Turn well.. I just want to puke.

call or fold?

Old
Tue Feb 04, 2014, 02:30 PM
(#2)
Since: Nov 2011
Hey Carlos

I like your preflop limp. Like you said you have to balance a few things. You aren't going to take things down with a c-bet here if you raise and get a call from the short-stack, they are just going to go with so much shit. So I think limping accomplishes everything you want to here.

Boy oh boy. Would villain raise a flush draw like that on th eflop? Seems like they might. But then just flat call the turn. I guess that's plausible too. The thing is that there are a lot of flush combinations that beat you and villain can have all te weird ones like K4s for all we know. So we hve that going against us.

On the other hand we beat sets, straights, and two pair. The UTG is drawing very badly against us, their range against our hand.

The price isn't great though, its a real problem, because when we call and are wrong, we are drawing very very poorly.

I think we just have to fold. T8dd, QTdd, 8Xdd all make sense for them to raise flop if they view them as monsters. That doesn'teven account for the possibility that they can raise any flush draw at all. We are drawing dead against so many flushes and we don't have sets drawing dead, or even straights like QdTx. I think overall our price is too bad, too many people saw the flop, and our poponent can represent too many combination of the hands that have us crushed. If we had a deeper read on MP we might be able to do something else.

As it happens I like raising the turn (raise/folding for value). We should have villain's calling range in as bad of shape as we are in versus their raising range.

Last edited by GarethC23; Tue Feb 04, 2014 at 02:34 PM..

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com