Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

25nl Deep - Turn play w/ top set

Old
25nl Deep - Turn play w/ top set - Wed Feb 05, 2014, 03:52 AM
(#1)
Since: Sep 2012
I must say all this deep play is really interesting. Loving all the tough decisions i'm having to make

Stats

VPIP: 46, PFR: 11, 3B: 4, AF: 2.1, Hands: 144

Just wondering if we should fast play or slow play top set here vs a fish. I figure a lot of hands can kill our action from undersets, given the board is a 3 straight. I figure the best chance I have of stacking him is fast playing the turn.

If he has a straight, so be it, we have outs.

Thoughts?

Old
Wed Feb 05, 2014, 03:54 AM
(#2)
Since: Mar 2013
i agree with fastplaying for the reasons you mentioned
more combos of random sets 2pairs and pair w/ straight draw etc than made straights
and yes lot of rivers where you'll not be wanting to bet so pfft i think reraise and pray to poker gods is the line to take

Old
Wed Feb 05, 2014, 06:35 AM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2011
(Live Trainer)
Since villain seems to be a #fischigespieler judging on his sizing I'm in no way worried about getting action killed by just a couple of straightening cards. I'm much more worried about killing the action from worse if we come over the top superstrong on this turn given the action. We're crushing the board so I'd let him fire off to me and not risk getting it in against straights this deep (which are actually quite likely given the structure of the board and which would be a pretty big mistake). You can still raise all nonstraightening rivers (which are a lot) and get max value from 2 pair + then.

Live Trainer

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com