25nl Deep - FH w/ 3 flush

Old
25nl Deep - FH w/ 3 flush - Wed Feb 05, 2014, 03:54 AM
(#1)
Since: Sep 2012
Interesting spot.

Stats

VPIP: 20, PFR: 18, 3B: 10, AF: 2.8, Hands: 460

Villain is actually probably one of the best regs at the limit. Very aggressive, value bets well and thinly. I feel he'd be betting AK for value here if we check river.

Should we be betting or x/shoving? I feel x/shoving is better and more sophisticated line given his aggressive image but could be wrong.

I'm just not sure if he would b/call a flush.

If we do bet what sizing should we make it?

Old
Wed Feb 05, 2014, 06:27 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2011
(Live Trainer)
It depends a bit on his defending range OTB and his peeling habits post.

If you say he is decent would that mean he flats a wide range here (like he should be this deep) or will he fold to a lot of 3bets? If he has a tighter range and doesn't peel to wide on this runout he will probably end up OTR with a range of medium pairs, 76s, some slowplayed 55/88 (maybe KK/AA) and flushes so I would feel best about betting just a standard 2/3 pot amount. After all it's a runout that allows you to keep bluffing.

If you think he is the type to rather peel wide and do stuff like doublefloats I would tend to check or bet smallish.

That being said I would bet turn a lot bigger in this spot with my entire range so we can actually shove rivers better.

Live Trainer

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com