Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

25NL - AQs in the Blind vs two limps and an isolation raise

Old
25NL - AQs in the Blind vs two limps and an isolation raise - Wed Feb 05, 2014, 08:26 AM
(#1)
Since: Oct 2010
UTG open limps and CO over limps behind. I immediately mark both villains as Green for recreational players. BTN who is playing a TAGish, nitty style of 16/14/3 over 1.2K iso raises and I decide to call in the blind with AQs; We have a suited Ace that can play well MW and more importantly with calling we keep the weak opponents in the pot who will show up with dominated Ax hands a good amount of the time. Would you prefer to 3bet instead?

We make two pair OTF on a coordinated board. I was thinking of leading this flop but I was not sure what to do if I get raised. So I decided to check and let the BTN bet. Surprisingly, the CO who initially overlimped leads with a half pot bet and the BTN quickly calls. I'm thinking CO has Ax, KJ, KT, QT or something in that area of not strong hands but hands that have connected with the flop. The only strong hand they could have is JT here. I think BTN will not have AA,KK,QQ,AK, or JT here. So more likely AQ, AJ, AT, KQ, or KJ, QJ with a heart.

The turn bet and call on a third heart kind of worried me. What your line?

Old
Wed Feb 05, 2014, 01:07 PM
(#2)
Since: Jan 2013
I lead flop into the fish and fold to a raise from the reg, i would then x/f the turn as i doubt they both have a pair and a gutter when we have two pair, as played i would lead a blank turn were most likely ahead of BU on the flop and i wanna get value from the fish.

Old
Thu Feb 06, 2014, 01:00 AM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2011
(Live Trainer)
Mike kind of put my exact thoughts into as few words as possible haha, can't really add much more.

I like pre as you can play a multiway pot with this hand and keep the recreational players in the pot. Flop is gin so I like leading to extract value from the two limpers and mostly continue cautiously when called/raised by the BU.

As played I think we got to fold turn always, we can be beat here in so many ways given the action.

Live Trainer

Old
Thu Feb 06, 2014, 04:54 AM
(#4)
Since: Oct 2010

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com