Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

5NL 6maxZ - hand #2 playing bingo

Old
5NL 6maxZ - hand #2 playing bingo - Thu Feb 06, 2014, 01:22 AM
(#1)
Since: May 2011
Hi,

#2:

Are we making loose bingo calls because when in the low micro pool things look fishy? And if we don't look people up we will never know what is going on and give up before showdown so our red line goes through the floor?

Tweet note:
Modern game #2, 5NLz x1 / shorty utg +1 55 open shove 40bb < my AJs

Written after showdown to get the boom link. No hud, so only read is villain was playing 1 zoom tables at 5NL.

Here my thinking was a bit different after @xflixx MTT TCOOP training. There was a discussion on calling with 88 to a 20bb shove.

In my head I don't have a financial equity number for the hand strength in big blinds. So saw a shorty about 40bb and guessed "well that's not QQ+, maybe worse Ace than me or smaller pocket pair than 88"?

Again is this bad calling off 40 bigs with a reasonable equity hand?

Last edited by ForrestFive; Thu Feb 06, 2014 at 01:33 AM.. Reason: typo

Old
Thu Feb 06, 2014, 06:28 AM
(#2)
Since: Sep 2010
You have to call $2.02 to win $2.07, so you're getting 1:02:1, or you have to have 49.4% equity to break even.

You have to give villain a pretty wide range to make this call profitable, simply because you're behind all pocket pairs and are crushed by AK/AQ.

The most reasonable range you can profitably call against is all PPs, A8s+, ATo+, KQo and all suited broadways. This is a pretty wide open-shoving range and I wouldn't make the call unless I'd seen him do this before with trash and knew he was a maniac.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com