Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

J9s in sb vs Raise and Call from MP/CO 10NL Zoom

Old
J9s in sb vs Raise and Call from MP/CO 10NL Zoom - Thu Feb 06, 2014, 01:49 PM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2012
This is a hand I played a few nights ago, thought it would make an interesting one for me to have analysed, as its certainly a pre-flop hand that isn't at the top of my range.

Original raiser is 13/13 2.0 Ag over 16 hands. Caller is 23/10 2.0 Ag over 39 hands. The BB doesnt really feature too much in the hand but I elected to call because he is loose passive pre and is not going to be squeezing without a big hand.

I elected to call, I have suited one gapper, and as I think the BB will overcall we have ok odds I think. First question, would this be a hand to squeeze with rather than call with?

I flop a gut shot, original raiser cbets and the CO calls again, I think my call was loose here, but if I hit then it's not the most obvious straight in the world. The cbet is possibly just a auto-bet but when the CO calls he has something in my estimation. Pair, two pair, set or maybe a straight draw. The BB goes away. Fold flop?

Turn, I hit my card, I elected to lead out here for fear that it would check through. Their stats didnt lead my to believe they were very aggressive and I could be certain another bet was coming. What line is best for the turn, as played?

Old
Fri Feb 07, 2014, 06:02 AM
(#2)
Since: Oct 2010
Hi bhoy!

I personally don't like those calls from the SB; I think there will be much better hands to defend our SB with, I also think calling this hand from the BB also is not that great but I might be more tempted to call because I have better odds and I'm last to act. I think this kind of holding has reverse implied odds and we won't be flopping well as much as we like. I think JTs has alot more benefit because when overs hit the board we have some equity. Obviously we are not playing for TP especially OOP. So I think I prefer folding pre here.

OTF, its a kind of board we can x/r I think. We don't have too much equity with a gutshot and backdoor flush to play our hand passively but we could perhaps realize some fold equity by x/r. By x/r-ing we are trying to represent a set which I think makes alot of sense as TT,22,77 are in our range. We won't get folds from overpairs but we might get folds from weak Tx, overcards, and underpairs. As played, I like the turn lead for the same reason you mentioned. Hands with SD value might check back but can call.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com