Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

Unwanted family-pot. 2NL 6mzx zoom. Fold?

Old
Unwanted family-pot. 2NL 6mzx zoom. Fold? - Thu Feb 06, 2014, 05:55 PM
(#1)
Since: Feb 2013
http://www.boomplayer.com/nl/poker-h...745_692EDE8861

Unwanted family-pot. I 3bet KK from button, blinds and initial better call.

On flop, blinds are going crazy.

Looks like a clear fold to me... or should I have shoved?

Old
Thu Feb 06, 2014, 07:47 PM
(#2)
Since: Sep 2010
Readless this spot is so gross, I'd expect him to show up with some stupid Qx or flush draw so often here. Your big problem is that you don't really know what V2 is up to, chances are he's very weak but you don't know for sure.

I think folding is probably best here as people tend to play more honestly multi-way. If you know that V3 is a maniac, shoving would likely be profitable and you could expect him to show up with JTo or some other crap more often that the times he'll have Q4 but it's a much higher variance line to take.

Old
Fri Feb 07, 2014, 02:18 AM
(#3)
Since: Dec 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkleefstra View Post
http://www.boomplayer.com/nl/poker-h...745_692EDE8861

Unwanted family-pot. I 3bet KK from button, blinds and initial better call.

On flop, blinds are going crazy.

Looks like a clear fold to me... or should I have shoved?
he can haz JJ,44 ----> u dead
but he can haz QJ, KTs ....
QJ,Q4... u haz 30% win odds
, ... coinflip....
random hand = KQ,AQ

it is 4way,deep,he just flat 3bet preflop... i guess dis is definitely clear fold, u are never good here, u can probably thanks him for making dat raise so big, dat u can save even more money , instead if he raised smaller and lured u in with his set ... dat would be much worse for u

some marginal play could be to just call his raise and see if u r good on turn w/ ur 30%, 50% odds....
but in 2NL/5NL i doubt players make bigsqueeze in 4way pot with worse hand than u have now

to sum it up , in 2NL, 5NL if u do yourself a lot of raise+squeeze w/ nothing, then u will have no problem with folding such a 4way spots w/ top pair like dis one

Last edited by NaturoSasuki; Fri Feb 07, 2014 at 02:25 AM..

Old
Fri Feb 07, 2014, 03:31 AM
(#4)
Since: Feb 2013
tnx spand and naturo for conforming the fold wasn't too bad

I thought his most likely holding was QJ.

Old
Fri Feb 07, 2014, 08:38 AM
(#5)
Since: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkleefstra View Post
tnx spand and naturo for conforming the fold wasn't too bad

I thought his most likely holding was QJ.

very bad fold..3 under cards and 2 flat calls /.. me thinks

I could be wrong ..you played them and obviously had respect for what they "had" or did. You invested in the pot x% ..flat call would have sufficed in my humble opinion

nicdabull

Last edited by nicdabull; Fri Feb 07, 2014 at 08:51 AM..

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com