Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

235fpp sat - facing steal with 2,6bb at bubble

Old
235fpp sat - facing steal with 2,6bb at bubble - Thu Feb 06, 2014, 06:05 PM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2013
Poker Stars, $0.01 Buy-in (100/200 blinds, 40 ante) No Limit Hold'em Tournament, 3 Players
Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BTN: 2,190 (11 bb)
SB: 290 (1.5 bb)
Hero (BB): 520 (2.6 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J 6
BTN raises to 600, SB folds, Hero calls 280 and is all-in

Flop: (1,180) 5 9 9 (2 players, 1 is all-in)
Turn: (1,180) Q (2 players, 1 is all-in)
River: (1,180) 2 (2 players, 1 is all-in)

Results:
Click to show hidden text

Top 2 are paid. Because 1 villain is on 1.6bb should I fold here and hope the other shortstack gets knocked out? Really got little experience with sit n goes and tournies.

Old
Thu Feb 06, 2014, 06:27 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi pockettones!

With this being a satellite, my initial thoughts would be that I can only call here tighter since I'm not the short stack.

To see what range I can call with, I need to run this thru an ICM calculator and when I set up the calculation, I'll use 50% for both first and 2nd for the prizes, since it's a satellite with 2 tickets.

When the button raises enough to put the other two players in and then the SB folds, here is the range that I get for calling.... 33+ Ax+ K2s+ K3o+ Q4s+ Q6o+ J7s+ J8o+ T8s+ T9o

J6o is not within this range, so I need to muck.

FYI - here is the range that the button should be shoving with here, which is VERY wide. 22+ 8x+ 72s+ 73o+ 62s+ 63o+ 4x+ 32s

Also, if the button folded and the SB shoves, then my range for calling is 2 blank sheets of paper... as I should be calling with every single combination of cards in the deck and should never fold.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com