Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

5NL 6max zoom, Don't like my line. suggestions?

Old
5NL 6max zoom, Don't like my line. suggestions? - Thu Feb 06, 2014, 07:13 PM
(#1)
Since: Feb 2013
http://www.boomplayer.com/nl/poker-h...030_C2B6526032

3bet on the flop was prob not the best line to take being 3handed.
OTT I made my str8 but thought I could rep a flush too b/c of my flopbet. I was valuebetting there but would have folded to a raise. I believe betsize was too small...or was it (too) scary b/c it was small

I don't like my line but not sure what the best line would have been...help!

Last edited by rkleefstra; Thu Feb 06, 2014 at 07:15 PM..

Old
Fri Feb 07, 2014, 02:06 AM
(#2)
Since: Dec 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkleefstra View Post
http://www.boomplayer.com/nl/poker-h...030_C2B6526032

3bet on the flop was prob not the best line to take being 3handed.
OTT I made my str8 but thought I could rep a flush too b/c of my flopbet. I was valuebetting there but would have folded to a raise. I believe betsize was too small...or was it (too) scary b/c it was small

I don't like my line but not sure what the best line would have been...help!
`i dont mind your plaay, but i agree 'scary b/c it was small ' , if u bet bigger , it will look more like u are trying to protect some shit hand and will enduce villain's raise more often i guess...

but if u are not comfortable with calling villain's turn's raise , then u r better to just checkcall turn + hope he doesnt bet too much on both streets, or if he does u can consider folding, especially if he jams it , cuz he still haz many money behind.

but also bet-fold,check-fold is option on turn as u can be deadz lulz , thats why i like to lead the flop to kindof take initiative and if i get raised back then just call and see turn , cuz they often will raise back with nutflush draw or any draw ... so with dis.. u have initiative and will take pot down if no flush come maybe even without hitting your straight(no homo )

Old
Fri Feb 07, 2014, 11:28 AM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi rk,

I don't see any flop 3-betting so not sure about that comment, I just see you continuation betting and getting a caller. I think it's fine.

On the turn I think betting is critical, and actually don't like the small sizing. The board is so wet, there are a lot of combo hands villain can hold here (like pair+gut shot+flush draw) that we are giving a decent price to go to the river. Also we are losing value from their stronger hands like 2 pair, who will call a larger sizing but probably not raise either sizing for fear of you having a better holding. Checking is really bad though imo because while the 2 pair stuff will bet I'm sure, the singleton spades and pair+draw hands may take a free card.

A larger bet sizing is never inducing a light raise from a sane opponent, don't worry about that... if anything will induce a light raise it's the smaller bet because it looks scared. If your plan is to bet/fold then bring it for a bigger sizing as that looks stronger which discourages light raises, and extracts more value from his continuing range at the same time.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com