Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

5NL zoom 6max. Thin value on river?

Old
5NL zoom 6max. Thin value on river? - Thu Feb 06, 2014, 07:22 PM
(#1)
Since: Feb 2013
http://www.boomplayer.com/nl/poker-h...888_CBFACA6833

Checked back on the river. Had a bad state of mind because I walked into a full house twice in equal situations, this night.

Should I go for thin value on the river, like 50%pot? Or a valuebet of 70-100%pot. or is checking behind a smart move?

If we bet, are we bet/folding ?

Old
Thu Feb 06, 2014, 09:41 PM
(#2)
Since: Mar 2013
I think we can bet 1/2 pot river and fold to shove as I think he will flat his two pairs - I think we only beat AQ/KQ if he shove. If we pot it we are stacking off because of pot odds and hoping he has those hands. Having reads would be helpful, ofc we would be much more happy to stack off against a maniac player who is really overplaying his medium strength hands and folding to a check shove against a very conservative player.

Old
Fri Feb 07, 2014, 06:14 AM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2011
(Live Trainer)
Hey Ray,

I would raise turn much bigger for good value as any K, sets and even two pair will give you action no matter what size you raise (unless you make it more than pot that is).

OTR I think a bet in halfpot area is mandatory as you have enough room to bet/fold and you can still get calls from any K or stubborn AQ.

Live Trainer

Old
Fri Feb 07, 2014, 06:53 AM
(#4)
Since: Feb 2013
yeah, all true

I really didn't play my A-game last night.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com