Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Support Center /

World Record Tournament ~ Discussion Page

Old
World Record Tournament ~ Discussion Page - Fri Feb 07, 2014, 11:34 AM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2010

WORLD RECORD TOURNAMENT !

Make poker history and play for a share of $300,000 !

While the world’s athletes push for glory on TV, you can help set a new World Record by playing what’s set to be the biggest poker tournament of all time!

PokerStars last record-breaking tournament was in June 2013, with 225,000 players and victory for Russia’s ‘Mr.SlavaPro’. Now you can help break that record, with a target of 230,000 players and $25,000 guaranteed for the winner!

How to play the World Record Tournament

This special tournament will aim to set a new World Record for the largest-ever tournament, with 230,000 players taking part! It takes place at 13:00 ET on February 23, and you can buy-in direct for just $1, or win your seat for less with a range of satellites.

Get a free ticket for the World Record Tournament by making a deposit of $10 (£7, €8) or more using bonus code ‘RECORD2014

New to PokerStars? Get your free ticket for the World Record tournament plus free cash to play with! Read more here.
To find the tournament and register, open the PokerStars lobby and click ‘Tourney’ > ‘Special’, or search for ‘Record’ using the Tourney Filter.

Get your own Guinness World Record certificate !

When the new World Record is set, and if you took part, you might want to pick up your own official personalised certificate to show that you are a record breaker! The certificate is produced independently by Guinness World Records, the universally recognised authority on record-breaking achievements.

Guinness World Records charges £20, plus postage and packaging (or local currency equivalent) to produce a personalized certificate. Further details will be made available on the PokerStars Blog after the official world record is confirmed and officially certified.

Please Note: The tournament will be capped at 230,000 players, so be sure to secure your place early. Unused tickets or tickets claimed after the tournament has reached the cap will be forfeited. There will be no late registration.
Contact support@pokerstars.com if you have any questions about the World Record Tournament.

Best of Luck!
Team PokerSchoolOnline

Old
Fri Feb 07, 2014, 12:25 PM
(#2)
Since: Oct 2012
im gonna try set a record inside a record, by going all in every hand and setting a new record for most hands won consecutively

Old
Fri Feb 07, 2014, 01:23 PM
(#3)
Since: Mar 2013
cliffs

hilarious/negative points: setting the bar a bit low with 5k more players than last time...why cap the field, not got enough bandwidth? seems a bit meh to go for a world record and then cap it
guinness world record certificate? hey im a world record holder! just like 229,999 others!!*
*it's obviously going to hit the cap...where is the fun in guessing just how huge it can get

positive points: $70k overlay, cheap/free entry

so in conclusion im IN, but i wont be bragging about my world record

Last edited by ouchbadbeat; Fri Feb 07, 2014 at 01:24 PM.. Reason: bolded the most important part :P

Old
Fri Feb 07, 2014, 02:10 PM
(#4)
Since: Jul 2010
l would think......they cap it so next year they will make the limit higher.....so once again they can get the record.......maybe...hiccup

Old
Fri Feb 07, 2014, 02:14 PM
(#5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by effsea View Post
l would think......they cap it so next year they will make the limit higher.....so once again they can get the record.......maybe...hiccup
yes...but thats like the strongest person in the world deliberately underperforming just so they could set multiple records in the following years

beating a 225k record by 5k isnt really impressive, stars has the customer base and promotional ability to easily do this

Old
Fri Feb 07, 2014, 02:25 PM
(#6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ouchbadbeat View Post
yes...but thats like the strongest person in the world deliberately underperforming just so they could set multiple records in the following years

beating a 225k record by 5k isnt really impressive, stars has the customer base and promotional ability to easily do this
true.....but hate to tell ya......pokerstars is a business.....they have think of next year and so on.

cheers

Old
Fri Feb 07, 2014, 02:33 PM
(#7)
Quote:
true.....but hate to tell ya......pokerstars is a business.....they have think of next year and so on.

cheers
yup
i totally understand it, but i do think its kinda funny to advertise the "guinness world record" thing, seems like a fairly meaningless world record

Old
Fri Feb 07, 2014, 02:35 PM
(#8)
Since: Feb 2010
I think I already drunk 300,000 pints of Guinness

Do I qualify?

Hiccup.

Ed

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Feb 07, 2014, 02:40 PM
(#9)
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdinFreeMan View Post
I think I already drunk 300,000 pints of Guinness

Do I qualify?

Hiccup.

Ed

that's all ed?........come on....think you got some more drinking to do

Old
Fri Feb 07, 2014, 02:43 PM
(#10)
Quote:
yup
i totally understand it, but i do think its kinda funny to advertise the "guinness world record" thing, seems like a fairly meaningless world record

your reply to me looks you don't understand it.....you may have never had a job or business to get what their trying to do......it called a promo....like...hiccup....to draw in more....hiccup

lol....whatever.....lol....hiccup

Old
Fri Feb 07, 2014, 03:01 PM
(#11)
Quote:
that's all ed?........come on....think you got some more drinking to do
It's just an aperetif effer.

Then I move on to the serious drinking.

Ed

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Feb 09, 2014, 04:49 AM
(#12)
Since: Aug 2011
$EV is $300k/230k about 1.3$ so I do not think loosing so many hours to win such big amount in average is worth it

Old
Sun Feb 09, 2014, 05:02 AM
(#13)
Quote:
Originally Posted by aspok123 View Post
$EV is $300k/230k about 1.3$ so I do not think loosing so many hours to win such big amount in average is worth it
its a hyper turbo

the game itself is decent

stars is gonna break 2, or should i say n+1, world records - for the most players in a tourney and for the most recycled/monopolised world record

Old
Sun Feb 09, 2014, 07:31 AM
(#14)
Since: Aug 2011
Quote:
its a hyper turbo
It is good news
Will see what ITM leveles will be set there -maybe the optimal strategy will be ... not to play at all exept AA,AK,KK from 3 positions: BB, SB, D when rest of the table folded to us which of course is not possible to often in such big donkament with so many fishes
Min cashed in last 2013 GWR, so... my expectations and standards are much higher this year and maybe I will try pickup those 3 hands and improve my own records of Pocket Rockets, Big Slicks and Cowboys from Hell in single tournament

However, I'm not sure if I'm allowed play only premium cards on PS in this another freerol and how much time I can use to go AI pre flop with them while I've got a strange email from PS support last time, when used to use ICM based decisions in 2014 rather than playing cards

PS forces players to make quick decisions on their tables

Last edited by aspok123; Sun Feb 09, 2014 at 07:33 AM..

Old
Sun Feb 09, 2014, 08:24 AM
(#15)
Since: Oct 2011
Gotta love a nice low variance MTT every now and again will be very upset if i dont ship this :/

Old
Sun Feb 23, 2014, 09:24 AM
(#16)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
Less than 4hrs to go, and there's still over 80k spaces left - you think it'll fill?

Old
Sun Feb 23, 2014, 09:53 AM
(#17)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrustySam View Post
Less than 4hrs to go, and there's still over 80k spaces left - you think it'll fill?
yes - pretty much guarantee it - even if they have to give away 50K tickets in a final satty

there are 13K tickets in the sattys in the lobby right now

Ed

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Feb 23, 2014, 10:04 AM
(#18)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
Ya, these tourneys always somehow manage to fill, don't they?

Am always on the lookout for potential overlay (although someone was saying there's already overlay I guess?) - ought to be an experience to play a hyper-turbo with a quarter million other people lol

Would be nice to see a bunch of us cash - GL everybody!!

Old
Sun Feb 23, 2014, 01:08 PM
(#19)
Looks like they made a cods of this.

meh

Ed

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Feb 23, 2014, 01:34 PM
(#20)
Exit

http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-h...599_15B4C26F29

No cash - and no world record.

What an anti-climax.

Ed

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com