Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Software & Videos & Literature /

HEM - Leak finding

Old
HEM - Leak finding - Sat Feb 08, 2014, 03:54 AM
(#1)
Since: Apr 2013
Hi guys,

Doing a bit of leak finding, but unsure how to do the following:

If I am looking at a particular position where I am bleeding money, say for example, losing money in EP playing AQs (this is an example only and not Limited to) is there filtering you can do to see (on a basic level) villain types - filtering by a particular VPIP/PFR, to see what villain type is causing you to bleed money? I ask this because it might just be that once you spotted leak, the leak might only be because a particular villain type and that you are playing optimally against other villains types.

Cheers,

Pullin

Old
Sat Feb 08, 2014, 02:41 PM
(#2)
Since: Oct 2011
The short answer is no.

You can build custom filter stats with the optional extra NoteCaddy app - which allow you to group players into as many categories as you like - but you can't filter for player types in HEM alone.

FWIW, I think you're better off looking at general filters for leaks against the field as a whole before you can think about how to play certain hands against specific villain types. For one thing, if you have AQs in EP, then you don't know which player(s) are going to give you action. There's also the problem of sample size. For something like "AQs in EP, flatted by a LAG in position", the sample size will be so miniscule as to be virtually useless.

I'd prefer to just work through the quick filters like "Double barrel" and "triple barrel" to see which hands gave you problems, and only then ask yourself if your ranging of the specific villain involved was correct.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Feb 09, 2014, 01:15 PM
(#3)
Since: Apr 2013
Cheers arty

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com