Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

Podcast Show - Tickets Up For Grabs

Old
Podcast Show - Tickets Up For Grabs - Sat Feb 08, 2014, 07:02 AM
(#1)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)

Hey all,

Very soon CannonLee and myself will be recording the next episode of the PSO Podcast Show.

On that show we will be discussing 'Donk Bets' and we want to hear your thoughts on the topic.

What's your opinion of Donk Bets?
Do you Donk Bet?
Do you find Donk Bets by opponents annoying?

That kind of thing

Email us at forum@mypokerschoolonline.com and we will read out a selection of the best emails we receive. If we read out your email on the next show we will award you with a $11 Sunday Storm ticket

Checklist:
  • Email forum@mypokerschoolonline.com
  • The Subject Line should be 'Podcast'
  • Include your PokerStars Username so we know who to credit the ticket to

Finally, your email doesn't have to be about Donk Betting, we'd love to hear from you on any topic of your choice.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Last edited by royalraise85; Sat Feb 08, 2014 at 08:15 AM..

Old
email address not working - Sat Feb 08, 2014, 08:09 AM
(#2)
Since: Mar 2013
BronzeStar
Hey RoyalRaise85, When I click the email address, it says that it has not been setup. Just to let you know

Old
Sat Feb 08, 2014, 08:16 AM
(#3)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtwi View Post
Hey RoyalRaise85, When I click the email address, it says that it has not been setup. Just to let you know
Thanks gtwi,

I might have fixed it, I'm not sure. Can you refresh the page, try again and let me know if it works.

Cheers,
Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Donkedidonk donk!!! - Sat Feb 08, 2014, 08:39 AM
(#4)
Since: Mar 2013
l am looking forward to the podcast!!!

Thanks Raiser for making us think about the concept again!

<3 Ash

Old
Sat Feb 08, 2014, 09:21 AM
(#5)
Since: Oct 2012
donk bets are useful in some spots so i do use them, but they dont annoy me i actually like people donking into me, what annoys me the most at the tables is zoom poker tournaments, it really annoys me when you have the big blind, and people limp the pot, you cant quick fold, that sends me into an auto rage lol

Old
Sat Feb 08, 2014, 10:37 AM
(#6)
Since: Oct 2013
I think I saw poker bites on that subject but looking forward to podcast...
will you let us know here when it is going to happen?

Old
Sat Feb 08, 2014, 11:00 AM
(#7)
Since: Feb 2011
Hi RR, this may sound like a gripe but it's a big issue for me about you not having an RSS feed. I can't find the Podcast with my regular Podcasting software (Doggcatcher) and an RSS feed would solve that. I know you produce the Podcast but do you also deal with putting it on the website? Could you raise it with your technical team as I'm sure it's not that hard of an issue to sort. I even Googled it myself and it looks complicated but probably not that hard for a website creator.

Your missing a far wider audience by not getting it out there and as such PSO and Pokerstars are suffering because of this.

Sorry to sound so negative but I've only ever listened to the first episode because this isn't sorted.

I can/ will send you a ton of info on Donk betting. I even Tweeted about it

I don't donk bet enough #SpotAndFixThoseLeaks
12:12 AM - 24 Nov 2013

Bracelet Winner

Last edited by Ovalman; Sat Feb 08, 2014 at 11:01 AM.. Reason: embedding didn't work

Old
Sat Feb 08, 2014, 11:27 AM
(#8)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ovalman View Post
Could you raise it with your technical team as I'm sure it's not that hard of an issue to sort.
Hi Ovalman,

I asked about this already but it's unlikely to happen anytime soon. The Tech Team are extremely busy at the moment and the plan is to move the Podcast to a new hosting site within the next couple of Months and provide an RSS Feed then.

The Podcast can be downloaded from ITunes or Stitcher right now but the RSS Feed won't happen for a little while yet

Cheers,
Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Feb 08, 2014, 11:39 AM
(#9)
Since: Feb 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by royalraise85 View Post
Hi Ovalman,

I asked about this already but it's unlikely to happen anytime soon. The Tech Team are extremely busy at the moment and the plan is to move the Podcast to a new hosting site within the next couple of Months and provide an RSS Feed then.

The Podcast can be downloaded from ITunes or Stitcher right now but the RSS Feed won't happen for a little while yet

Cheers,
Raiser
The thing is I listen to 22 Podcasts a week (I just counted them!) If I were to manually have to update every single one I wouldn't bother, I'd listen to an audiobook instead. Guess that's the beauty of them, info delivered to my phone without me having to do any work.

I know I'm sounding grumpy but I honestly think the Podcast can be a great way to drive traffic to PSO and Pokerstars. I think you and Cannon are doing a great job but if it's only a select handful of PSO'er, Sticher and I-Pod listeners that can find the thing then are you really achieving your aims?

I feel you should push this issue, it shouldn't take long to solve (half a day for 30 mins work for 1 programmer ) and will be rewarded by new members and traffic to Pokerstars. Please bring this issue up again or PM me privately with the email addy with the head of the tech team and I will make my case. I'd even do it myself if I could.

Again I appreciate what you do.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Feb 10, 2014, 12:36 AM
(#10)
Since: Nov 2013
BronzeStar
Hi royalraise
I want to thank you for everything
for the podcast and for the PSO Community home games
you made me a big poker lover
so thanks man

Old
Mon Feb 10, 2014, 02:14 AM
(#11)
Since: May 2011
Oh not the usual, LCD (limp call donk, oop). Said it before!

The DONK has a hand to raise pre flop, lots to say about it when we see the showdown.

A politically correct e-mail will be boring. You wouldn't read out on a pod-cast what I actually think about this subject.

Tilt, calm down - Harry Enfield's "calm down, calm down" with a scouse accent. You need to be old enough and from my part of the world to get that joke.

Old
Mon Feb 10, 2014, 12:57 PM
(#12)
Since: Mar 2011
i loveeeee Harry Enfield and his loadsamoney character

Old
Mon Feb 10, 2014, 12:57 PM
(#13)
Since: Jan 2010
the donk bets that tilt me are the ones where they do it to protect their big blind, instead of folding or balancing a 3 betting range they have a thought process of hey man if i call my BB with any 2 cards ill be able to bet out coz action will be on me first and ill be able to take down the pot.

.....I actually have the donk bet from blind stat on my HUD youd be surprised how many donks donk bet 100%...i like taking there money

click it back 3 bets tilt me bad for some reason also!

Old
Wed Feb 12, 2014, 09:01 AM
(#14)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by royalraise85 View Post
Hey all,

Very soon CannonLee and myself will be recording the next episode of the PSO Podcast Show.

On that show we will be discussing 'Donk Bets' and we want to hear your thoughts on the topic.
Email us at forum@mypokerschoolonline.com and we will read out a selection of the best emails we receive.
Checklist:
  • Email forum@mypokerschoolonline.com
  • The Subject Line should be 'Podcast'
  • Include your PokerStars Username so we know who to credit the ticket to
We've got a get response so far with tons of emails coming it, thank you to all. There's still time to get your email me but hurry as we will record the next show very soon.

You can also Tweet us @PokerStarsPSO and use the hashtag #PSOPodcast

Cheers,
Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com