Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

too reckless or not?

Old
too reckless or not? - Sat Feb 08, 2014, 07:19 AM
(#1)
Since: Oct 2013

villain unknown... at 25nl 6 max ...
I wanted to fold the river... but guess I was under a little tilt...
after that comes best 30 hands money wise but I wonder if I could take more with my sets...

it was a dream flop for my 88 and think I havent played it well... just didn't wanted to see my set going broke again on later streets...

same here with 10 10... if I would see q or k on turn it would make me sick...
wanted to get what I have not to be beaten later and lose all...
is that ok approach?

Old
Sat Feb 08, 2014, 02:04 PM
(#2)
Since: Apr 2012
88 hand is i think where you could flat, board is pretty dry, villain folds all his blufs so you dont get any value, if he has big ace and turn comes blank, might fire again.
With TT, certainly interesting spot and almost certainly 3bet preflop, unless villain is ubernit. As played, probably raising here is best.

Old
Sat Feb 08, 2014, 02:57 PM
(#3)
Since: Aug 2013
The 2nd hand I would fold to the preflop 3bet you haven't got the implied odds to call.

I would just call the flop. You are then keeping all hands that you are beating in the pot.

Old
Sun Feb 09, 2014, 06:46 AM
(#4)
I agree with you guys... but Ironic is that my bad play paid out the most and was one of my most profitable sessions. When I realized I am playing bad I left in a hurry and go back to limits I belong to

Old
Sun Feb 09, 2014, 08:52 AM
(#5)
Since: Oct 2010
Hi pekmansick,

AK hand, It's pretty difficult to put villain on a hand. It's BvB and villain did not 3bet us preflop. So his hands will look like weak Ax, and some medium to low PPs. I can think of too many hands that would call flop and turn and raise river unless they have exactly quads or 99. I doubt 33 would call two streets and A9/A2 would probably raise flop or turn. So I think this becomes a judgmental call depending on how we view the villain; I don't hate the call because they are repping a very narrow range in a BvB where the ranges are pretty wide. Also they might be taking some silly line with a busted heart draw.

88 hand, I'm reluctant to call preflop we need to have atleast 48.75$ behind to set mine profitably. As played, I think we can safely call the flop and let the villain bet further streets with their overpairs and overcards.

TT hand we can 3bet preflop and we can call; all depends on the BTN and villain in the BB. We need more information on the players to identify the best approach preflop and post flop too. Because here we can lead the flop or x/r or x/c so I can't precisely say without some reads. You're line looks reasonable.

Old
Sun Feb 09, 2014, 12:22 PM
(#6)
I get what you saying GEO... thing I don't have some reads on villains is that I don't use software and don't have that big a volume to have good notes... that is why I avoid to post hands... except if they are important to me

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com