TPTK, ugly board

Old
Top 2pair, ugly board - Sat Feb 08, 2014, 05:54 PM
(#1)
Since: Feb 2013
http://www.boomplayer.com/nl/poker-h...683_635BE61705

Title is wrong, should be "top 2pair, ugly board"

Villain is unknown

Tried a thin value bet OTR and it pretty much had the second best result (he just called), but I'm thinking, should I bluf that ugly board and bet bigger?
I could rep hands like AK, KQ, KJ, QQ...

Still, pretty happy with my play here, are you?

Last edited by rkleefstra; Sat Feb 08, 2014 at 08:04 PM..

Old
Sat Feb 08, 2014, 07:21 PM
(#2)
Since: Apr 2012
I would check back river we beat no aces unless they do something weird there with like A9. Spose this is when they say that its hard to get called by worse.

Old
Sat Feb 08, 2014, 07:49 PM
(#3)
Since: Feb 2013
I wasn't looking for a call. I tried to rep a str8 and make any not-str8 fold (failed in that).

Any K would call or shove (which burns rake a lot of time). But than I would fold.
89 will call.
Trips might fold, might call but not raise. Nobody in his right mind is going to raise this board with trips.
Worst hands will fold which I like.

Still not really unhappy with my play OTR

Old
Sun Feb 09, 2014, 05:44 AM
(#4)
Since: Sep 2010
I think you played this hand OK.

The river value bet might be a bit thin, I think you will get a lot of calls from worse two pairs, but whether you will get called by worse 50% of the time is debatable.

In general though, searching for thin value is a good way to go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkleefstra View Post
I wasn't looking for a call. I tried to rep a str8 and make any not-str8 fold (failed in that).
I don't agree with playing this hand as a bluff, villain is never folding sets or better.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com