Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Brags, Beats and Variance /

How Can....

Old
How Can.... - Sun Feb 09, 2014, 04:37 AM
(#1)
Since: May 2013
SilverStar
How can one stay passionate for the game of poker when this happens???

Note: I only called cuz I already had a read and knew that Villain 1/Player 1 was playing complete garbage the majority of the time.. But come on.

http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-h...739_53F01E5534

Just so sick. Thought this was poker not bingo.

Old
Sun Feb 09, 2014, 11:23 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
AT against two random cards will lose almost 4 in every 10 times.

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Feb 09, 2014, 01:38 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by TommysgotAs View Post

Thought this was poker not bingo.
So you called with no pair no kicker?

Old
Sun Feb 09, 2014, 05:16 PM
(#4)
SilverStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWK24 View Post
AT against two random cards will lose almost 4 in every 10 times.

I got the numbers.. Thanks for the reminder. What I was getting at was like how to people live with themselves like the villain insta-shoved on 73 LOL. I know people will judge me on my call and for what its worth I was ahead but again the point was just how people can play like that?

Old
Sun Feb 09, 2014, 05:19 PM
(#5)
SilverStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhoylegend View Post
So you called with no pair no kicker?

Hahaha I see what you did there. I get that my call wasn't a good play but I was ahead again for what it's worth. He wasn't even a short stack and in MP and shoves 73. I mean I ain't worried that I lost just just so sick to see people play like that.

Old
Sun Feb 09, 2014, 05:51 PM
(#6)
Quote:
I got the numbers.. Thanks for the reminder. What I was getting at was like how to people live with themselves like the villain insta-shoved on 73 LOL. I know people will judge me on my call and for what its worth I was ahead but again the point was just how people can play like that?

By Playing agressive and going all in He is hoping to get enough folds to make the play worthwhile, it is better for him to do this with 73s as a bluff than say KQo as on those rare times someone does call he still has outs, two live cards that can hit, as apposed to his K or Q being dominated by the player who calls with AKs.

I would guess he considered the overall value of folds and having live cards to be worth the risk.

Then again was this still in the re-buy stage in which case he is just happy to get lucky.

Grade b

I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Feb 09, 2014, 05:57 PM
(#7)
Quote:
How can one stay passionate for the game of poker when this happens???

Note: I only called cuz I already had a read and knew that Villain 1/Player 1 was playing complete garbage the majority of the time.. But come on.

http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-h...739_53F01E5534

Just so sick. Thought this was poker not bingo.

So you made the call because you KNOW he is playing garbage...........And your upset because he is playing garbage.......I'm guessing the 6 of ten times you win against him from this position you will not mind that he plays like a maniac.

I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Feb 09, 2014, 07:04 PM
(#8)
Since: Apr 2011
Quote:
What I was getting at was like how to people live with themselves like the villain insta-shoved on 73 LOL.
Anyone would think he was playing one of those 1r 3x turbo gamboolfest ... oh wait.

Old
Sun Feb 09, 2014, 11:04 PM
(#9)
Since: Aug 2013
Shoving with 73o is a much better play than calling with ATo.

Old
Mon Feb 10, 2014, 12:09 AM
(#10)
SilverStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grade b View Post
By Playing agressive and going all in He is hoping to get enough folds to make the play worthwhile, it is better for him to do this with 73s as a bluff than say KQo as on those rare times someone does call he still has outs, two live cards that can hit, as apposed to his K or Q being dominated by the player who calls with AKs.

I would guess he considered the overall value of folds and having live cards to be worth the risk.

Then again was this still in the re-buy stage in which case he is just happy to get lucky.

Grade b

It was after... The thing is I don't even know if he was even considering anything because it was a pretty quick shove IMO. This situation isn't going to throw me off. I wanted to share that with the community which I'm sure many of yall have experienced at one point or another in your poker career.

Just a head scratcher that's all. And don't get me wrong I KNOW THE A10 was a bad call but I figured I was ahead (which I was) and also figured that this guy was going to play a wide wide range of cards.. Pretty much any 2 in his hand..

Anyway, gotta move on from it. Just hope the river starts treating me slightly better (cuz it's been pretty bad to me) the past 2 weeks.

Cheers!.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com