Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

10nl fr AK 3bet or call

Old
10nl fr AK 3bet or call - Sun Feb 09, 2014, 11:09 AM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2013

I 4bet here because villain 5 stats are 36/15/8 so I think his 3bet is high.

No reads on villain 6 but I think we can rule out AA or KK here with his call.

What is the standard 4bet raise here is it x2.5 the 3bet plus 90 for villain 6's call

If 1 of the villains 5bet shoves is it an easy fold. If they call do I just play fit or fold on the flop?

Last edited by tonydolphin; Sun Feb 09, 2014 at 11:13 AM..

Old
Sun Feb 09, 2014, 10:58 PM
(#2)
Since: Sep 2012
If you are going to 4b AK do not fold to a 5b jam

Old
Mon Feb 10, 2014, 04:11 AM
(#3)
Since: Sep 2010
Like birdayy says, AK is too strong a hand preflop to just turn into a bluff by 4Bet/folding. I think either calling in position or 4Betting are both decent plays, but if you do 4Bet, you've got to be willing to stack off.

You block AA and KK, so you're most likely to be up against QQ-JJ, or worse hands that just think you're messing around and although you're behind QQ/JJ, you're easily getting the pot odds to call profitably vs a 5Bet jam.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com