Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

fold AK in 2NL vs. 4bet preflop?

Old
fold AK in 2NL vs. 4bet preflop? - Sun Feb 09, 2014, 02:27 PM
(#1)
Since: Dec 2013
there was times when all the time i called/pushed 100BB preflop in 2NL... i was against KK/AA... so i dont like to do so lol... but then again there are players like dis one.. so i dont know.... in zoom, where u have no reads on enemies... at least i didnt have on these ones ... is it bad to fold AK preflop here?

Old
Sun Feb 09, 2014, 03:43 PM
(#2)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
GL, hi!!

Old
Sun Feb 09, 2014, 04:47 PM
(#3)
Since: Feb 2013
I would fold this all day long. Hate AK

Old
Mon Feb 10, 2014, 03:07 AM
(#4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrustySam View Post
GL, hi!!
TS hi , play moar non-zoom tables so i can stalkz lulz

Old
Mon Feb 10, 2014, 03:20 AM
(#5)
Since: Mar 2013
I would eazy fold if it would be shorter stack (>90BB) i would ship it because sorter play looser. Also at these stakes people very often then the have opotunaty 4bet pushes all in hands like JJ-KK AK and with AA geting more tricky and bets smaler.

Last edited by A Beatmaker; Mon Feb 10, 2014 at 03:22 AM..

Old
Mon Feb 10, 2014, 03:31 AM
(#6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Beatmaker View Post
I would eazy fold if it would be shorter stack (>90BB) i would ship it because sorter play looser. Also at these stakes people very often then the have opotunaty 4bet pushes all in hands like JJ-KK AK and with AA geting more tricky and bets smaler.
yez u haz tru, but in these stakes i ve seen everything, i ve seen both... even slowplaying AA even pushing it preflop vs. smallraise... there are all types of players, and u never know which u r facing now, unless u played with him before.... but i mostly in 99% situations am always facing new players in zoom who do dis to me

Old
Thoughts on AK in general - Mon Feb 10, 2014, 03:34 AM
(#7)
Since: Oct 2013
You would probably be unnecessarily flipping for your stack, UTG should be 4betting his high pocket pairs and AK(s)+. Lower aces may probably fold to a 3bet but then again opponents are pretty unpredictable in micros .

Some people may have reshoved this if you feel like gambling but you are usually always on the negative side of a flip (43% to 57% vs most overpairs from 10s-Qs) and drawing super thin to AA and KK.

The thing about AK is it usually has equity, and because it has blockers for the ace and the king, it makes it even more unlikely that your opponent has aces or kings.

However, this hand generally has more value in tournaments, mostly due to fold equity- but in cash games it'll probably lose value, particularly to a UTG open.

All in all, your 3bet fold is fine, it may be a little leak but good play nonetheless.

Good luck at the tables

Old
Mon Feb 10, 2014, 04:16 AM
(#8)
Since: Sep 2010
I think this is a decent fold readless. UTG's opening range should be pretty tight, so your 3Betting range from MP should be pretty strong. For the UTG raiser to come back over the top, he's clearly not too worried about playing for his stack.

I don't think 5Bet shoving can be terrible, but you're pretty much always going to be behind unless you know that villain is a bit of a maniac that might play stuff like JTs like this.

There are much better spots to try and take advantage of at 2NL other than this.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com