Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

NL10 SH - blind battle, turn check-raise bluff

Old
NL10 SH - blind battle, turn check-raise bluff - Mon Feb 10, 2014, 12:03 AM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2013
Poker Stars, $0.05/$0.10, $0.02 ante No Limit Hold'em Cash, 5 Players
Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

MP: $38.47 (384.7 bb)
CO: $23.50 (235 bb)
BTN: $10.20 (102 bb)
SB: $16.61 (166.1 bb)
Hero (BB): $10.53 (105.3 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with T A
MP folds, CO raises to $0.30, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.20

Flop: ($0.75) J K 2 (2 players)
Hero checks, CO bets $0.60, Hero calls $0.60

Turn: ($1.95) K (2 players)
Hero checks, CO bets $1.40, Hero raises to $3.30, CO calls $1.90

River: ($8.55) 9 (2 players)
Hero checks, CO checks

Results:
Click to show hidden text

I check/call this flop because I have an overcard and gutter if he has the king, but I think villain cbets the flop all the time so my plan here is to float on turn. Turn pairs the board with another king, making it less likely he has one so I check again and see if I can get a free card, and when he bets again I put in a somewhat small reraise as if he doesnt have a king I think he is folding a lot, and this is also how I will play my kings a lot of the time so I think I can rep it here. When he calls I pretty much give up as Im pretty sure he has a king or fh. Also, is this a 3bet preflop? Villain steals 37% of time and folds to resteal 100% of the time so I flatted so I keep in his dominated hands, not sure if ATs is a strong enough hand for this though.

Old
Mon Feb 10, 2014, 12:52 AM
(#2)
Since: Sep 2012
x/raising board pairing cards is generally not going to work (as a bluff). Especially when you effectively x/minraise.

I would rather x/raise flop or just fold turn.

Old
Mon Feb 10, 2014, 06:40 AM
(#3)
Since: Oct 2010
Hi pockettones,

We check-called flop on KJ2 and villain continues to bet on a K. Is villain trying to get us to fold a J with total air? How does our hand look like to them when we check/call flop? I think raising turn when the board pairs will not work as a bluff because what Kx hands are we calling with preflop, calling with OTF and raising turn? AK we are probably 3betting pre, KJ we would probably raise flop, KQ still loses to KJ and AK and raising is optimistic to get called by KT/K9 so basically this does not fit a balanced line. I would prefer x/r flop with the gutshot, one over, and backdoor flush because raising the flop will give us two more streets to apply pressure on our opponent. Also what do we acheive or hope to acheive by x/calling flop?

Old
Mon Feb 10, 2014, 08:54 PM
(#4)
Since: Mar 2013
Ok sounds good. I might be mistaken but if you call oop and bet turn thinking he has air is that a float, or does it have to be ip and he has to check the turn? Also, if we check-raise this flop and get called should we give up on the turn and assume he has a king>

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com